Respected Contributor

kitchen aid 6 quart bowl lift mixer

i have a 6 quart bowl lift mixer. i had the glass bowl but i broke it and ordered the 6 quart metal 6 quart mixer bowl. but it seems different because when making froasting i noticed flex edge beater doesnt even touch side of bowl. has anyone noticed this?

Honored Contributor

Re: kitchen aid 6 quart bowl lift mixer

@Pooky1  I have had the same problem with my stainless bowl for my six quart. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pooky1  Just a couple of thoughts.  Is your replacement steel bowl wider than the glass one that broke?  And is it a KA bowl?  I know for bowls not every KA bowl fits every KA  mixer.

In the booklet that came with the mixer is there a section that deals with adjustments-- naybe for the tension setting in which you insert the different utensils?  I don't have my booklet handy right now to look it up since I seldom need to consult the booklet.

Respected Contributor

Just a thought...go to a kitchen store where you can see a designated flex edge beater that is made for the 6 qt bowl. Take your beater with you and compare it in size. It could be that because you bought the mixer with the glass bowl, which no doubt had a thicker wall, the flex edge that came with it may have been made for the glass bowl.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pooky1 I found my KA manual.  For beater to bowl clearance on the bowl lift model there is a screw that you can adjust.  

You put the handle in the down position after unplugging the mixer.  There is a screw that you turn slightly to the left or slightly to the right so that the beater will clear the bottom and/or not strike the side.

My manual has instructions for both lift and tilt head and it had a picture of where the screw to adjust is on each type.

Hope this helps.

Valued Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@Pooky1 I found my KA manual.  For beater to bowl clearance on the bow lift model there is a screw that you can adjust.  You put the handle in the down position after unplugging the mixer.  There is a screw that you turn slightly to the left or slightly to the right so that the beater will clear the bottom and/or not strike the side.

My manual has instructions for both lift and tilt head and it had a picture of where the screw to adjust is on each type.

Hope this helps.

You can also google this and find videos on You-Tube... shows you how to adjust the screw on either a tilt or bowl lift Kitchenaid mixer.... pretty simple... 

Occasional Contributor

If you purchased your pro 600 with the glass bowl, it came with the F series mixer attachments. If you replaced the glass bowl with the standard metal bowl, you need to purchase the standard attachments which fit the metal bowl. I went the other way. My Pro 600 came with the metal bowl. I like the glass bowl so I bought the glass bowl and the F series attachments to go with it.

Occasional Contributor

One more thing, no amount of adjusting the mixer will allow you to use the metal bowl with the F series attachments (flat paddle, dough hook, whisk or flex head beater paddle) that came with your glass bowl. It is not a problem with the mixer. It is simply getting the correct attachments for the metal bowl.

Honored Contributor

The attachments for my stainless bowl work fine, including the flat beater.  It does not need adjusted.  BUT the flex edge authentic KA beater I bought at a good kitchen store (not sure which exact one) does NOT scrape the edges of the metal bowl.  

Where did y'all find the metal bowls at?