Respected Contributor

am i the only person that fines when your listening to people eatting corn on the cob it kinda sounds nasty? im not tring to offend anyone just wondering if im the only one.

Trusted Contributor

It's nasty when it squirts on you from someone next to you chomping away.

thD5AA5PGT.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: eatting corn on the cob

[ Edited ]

@Pooky1 wrote:

am i the only person that fines when your listening to people eatting corn on the cob it kinda sounds nasty? im not tring to offend anyone just wondering if im the only one.

@Pooky1 I think probably you ARE the only one.  Never heard of it, never noticed it. 

We had a cat that loved to eat corn on the cob, never noticed him making noise either. 

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1,

Oh yea, if that corn is fresh and crisp, each bite gives off a sharp snap, crunchy sound, and then you’ve got the chewing grinding sounds after that.  The sounds, along with the messiness can get to you pretty fast when there’s a table full of people.   I usually cut my corn off the cob at family dinners, and hope others do too!

Honored Contributor

I haven't eaten corn on the cob in years, due to some precarious dental work on my front teeth.  I just don't enjoy it as much, cutting it off the cob.  If I want corn, I always buy a can of Trader Joe's corn.  To me, tastes just like the fresh stuff, without all the work!

Honored Contributor

I won't eat it on the cob because it sounds nasty and I don't want to offend anyone.  Anything that's loud, like chips or apples, etc. that makes loud noises I will eat in private.

Respected Contributor

Very adorable corn character set with different poses and emotions isolated on white background
Respected Contributor

thanks red top. you know just what i mean by what you wrote.

Respected Contributor

exactly my point.  i remember when i was young and my mom was laying on her bed watching tv and i went in with a bag of chips laying behind her watching tv and after a few minutes i got  yelled at for crunching in her ear. lol

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

I know what you mean. I finally had to tell my husband that he had to stop eating it that way. Now he cuts it off the cob. Thank goodness.