Honored Contributor

K49089: LNL TSV glass ovals - yikes has anyone experienced this?

Today used large one to make baked ziti.  I went to place in oven and dish slid to the back of oven wall.  So, I put on cookie sheet - putting in oven it slid off the tray.

Then, I continued to bake it just on rack no cookie sheet at 350 degrees.

When done, I took out of oven and it was so hot it was hard to grasp the little handles.  Worse yet, although using silicone mitts it was slippery and when I went to put on counter it slid into backsplash wall😳.

this was pretty scary and the corner "chipped".  Of course, I'm a concerned but read reviews most where with regards to lids not locking or locking properly nothing about how hot or "slippery" the glass is.   

I have many pieces of Temptations, Pyrex, etc and never had these issues.  I am not cooking in them again.  This is concerning to me.  Has anyone experienced this?

Honored Contributor

Re: K49089: LNL TSV glass ovals - yikes has anyone experienced this?

no, have not had any of the issues you described.

for me, this was a great set and is used often.

i dont find it to be any more "slippery" or hot than pyrex is.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I have a banana crumb loaf in the oven right now. I didn't have a problem earlier - I'll let you know how it goes taking it out.

I have been using the 9x13 glass pan for several months and haven't had a problem with it, though I can see how it would be tricky for someone with limited dexterity or range of motion. They are kind of slippery and not easy to grab ahold of like the Pyrex ones.  I use the Cooking Buddy potholder - one of my favorite QVC purchases - and that makes everything easier to handle.

UPDATE:  Just took it out of the oven. The ovals are much easier to manage - they do have a lip on each end.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I was careful, but they can be slippery.  I guess it's best to exercise caution.  The loaf baked up beautifully, though, and popped right out 👍

IMG_9933.JPG

IMG_2976.JPG

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

that is so not fair.......now i need the recipe!

looks so good......Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat 

oh my goodness I can smell the crumb cake just from the pics🙂🙂

Maybe I need to be more careful as the handles (lips) are not as wide as a traditional pyrex dish.  And I do have dexterity issues.

Thank you!!!

homedecor1

Honored Contributor

Why is it sliding so much - on the counter, in the oven, etc.?  Are the surfaces not level?  This sounds strange.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr 

The glass is very slippery IMO.  No both my oven & counters of course are level.

Guess it's the way I handled it.  I've got to get used to just having lip vs. handle to grip.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

@ValuSkr 

I think this thread is a service to anyone who bought it. It is more likely to slide around than similar Pyrex glass dishes.  I don't know - perhaps it's more rounded on the bottom?

In any case, I don't think it's a deal breaker, but anyone who uses it should be careful about it. If it's an issue for @homedecor1 , then it's likely an issue for a good portion of the thousands of customers who purchased it.  L&L should be made aware of it.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

Good idea!  I may call QVC tomorrow to tell them although I don't know if CS would be the right area.  I know they sent me email regarding how to correctly lock n unlock top but I didn't seem to have this problem🤷‍♀️.