Occasional Visitor

cooks essentials warranty problem

Purchased a set many years ago. From what I understand it has a lifetime warranty. All of the handles on the pots are sticky and the one I use the most has the nonstick coming off. Customer service could not find it in my purchase history. I cannot provide proof of purchase so customer care told me basically "too bad". 

Honored Contributor

Re: cooks essentials warranty problem

@tgbftl wrote:

Purchased a set many years ago. From what I understand it has a lifetime warranty. All of the handles on the pots are sticky and the one I use the most has the nonstick coming off. Customer service could not find it in my purchase history. I cannot provide proof of purchase so customer care told me basically "too bad". 

And if you had the paperwork there may still be a loophole to not honor it.   There is no way a company can guarantee lifetime for non stick.   If you get 3-5 years out of non stick you either don't cook or you have an amazing rare non stick.

When my mom passed, I kept her Cooks Essentials set.   I used it for a while it was awful.  I cook every day.  Not even worth donating, it all went in the trash.

I use ceramic, stainless steel & cast iron.

Honored Contributor

@tgbftl @software    I have just 2 pieces of old Cooks Essential, both large and both in need of replacement.  I know I couldn't prove purchase, but I also doubt the value of almost all lifetime warranties from any company although I suppose here and there some manage to get positive responses if they kept POP.

I will discard my pieces soon -  both are large enough to be heavier than I should be using and neither would be saleable at any thrift I've ever shopped.

Valued Contributor

Too bad they didn't stress in the early days you had to have a copy of the invoice.  Old Bob B. always said your just send them back for replacement not that you would need it and they were so good you could pass them on to your heirs (with warranty.) 

I have to be honest, I believe I have had all my CE's warrantied.  Years ago they didn't require all the paperwork but later they did and I had it.  Often if I had a couple of pieces they would replace it with a complete set.  

I agree with others, non-stick won't last forever..

Honored Contributor

I learned this from my mom, paperwork was always kept in a file.  User manuals & receipts etc were tossed in a big pocket folder.  I keep all my receipts for my jewelry especially, not just for warranty purposes but to keep track of the value. 

Not sure I would ever find what I need when I needed it but it's all there.   The few times I needed it, it was usually for something not worth the trouble, lesson learned.

Honored Contributor

Years ago I had a CE 8" fry pan that I had some sort of problem with--don't remember what.  Sure they would replace it but it would have cost $10+ to ship it to them.  I could buy a new one for not much more without the hassle.  Never bought another CE item.