Frequent Contributor

The turnoff is the sprayed on outer colored coating.  On an HSN demonstration of a similar pan, the camera caught the undersided of a blue colored skillet that was scorched from the heating element.  I doubt the light coating of paint will last long on those pans.

Honored Contributor

Symon over on HSN has his cast iron cookware on sale today.

Good stuff, have to hand wash it, but, it cleans up easy .

pretty colors too. I've got the small pot everything slides out of it

no babying of it.

Super Contributor

sharke I just bought his 12 inch skillet. I trust your opinion. I have been wanting to try cast iron. Thanks

Honored Contributor

That's good to know ! His stuff is weighty, now. Not as bad as Le Crueset or that JC penny stuff that stuff a wgt lifter could use for barbells.

I got his enameled pretty reddish pot I'll send up a pic here in a minute.

Anything with a thicker lip going around the pan, skillet , etc. is the tip off as to the quality of cookware.

Look at cheap Walmarts stuff then compare to higher end stuff and you'll learn what is meant to be used, then, thrown out and what is meant to last you long time without warping, burn faster, etc.

Honored Contributor

DSCN0681.JPG

DSCN0682.JPG

DSCN0683.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Sherbear1 

Very important forgot to mention because I think everybody knows everything I've learned thru the yrs.

After you cook or fry in cast iron LET IT COOL DOWN FIRST , then, either wash it or let it soak if it needs too, but, his stuff I don't think you will have to let it soak.

Don't hit hot cast iron with cold water it will split apart.

Read directions, first. Just take your chicken out leave skillet on stove forget it for an hr then go back make sure it's cool then do what U want too.

f4be8cf7-e9cf-48f4-8cbf-92654b28a426Michael_Symon_Use_&_Care_Card_Final_Outlined_(7Nov2017)-01.jpg

Nice purchase by the way FREE SHP.  Yay !

Honored Contributor

This will come in your box on the right side it tells U what I said

I tried to enlarge the information, but, wouldn't take it

Just read it before you jump in.

LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@mollymaggie  most of the nonstick I buy doesn't stay nonstick, no matter how well I treat it. I'd either use regular cast iron or the enamel coated. I have a Lodge enamel Dutch oven that I've been using for years. It's great! Also, don't overlook the good SS pans like the better All Clad.

Super Contributor

sharke thank you so much for all the information. I think I will probably just leave it on my stove top. I am excited.