Valued Contributor

What do you think about todays tsv?  Is this nonstick going to chip and disappear?  Im skeptical  Ive bought the latest whatever only to be disappointed for 31 years  

Respected Contributor

@mollymaggieWe've had Lodge cast iron for years.  It's the traditional black stuff, no coating, no colors, just pure cast iron.  It's still made in the USA.  We love it.  We season it if we have to.  We do use a little oil of some kind for what we cook.  Clean up is simple so the oil is not a problem for us.

Super Contributor

Did they change the TSV from 4 EP to 6?  I wish the shipping charge was reduced or free.  That would have been a much better value.

Trusted Contributor
Spoiler

Pass on the cheap Made in China cast iron cookware.   Not very good quality.

They are all made in factories using child labor.

Buy either Le Cruset, Staub, or Lodge.  Buy the best.  You will not regret it.

Good luck.

Honored Contributor

The TSV doesn't interest me.  I don't know, colored cast iron is just wrong.  IMO, part of the beauty of using untreated cast iron is that you season it yourself.  By using it, over time it will develop a natural non-stick ability.

Esteemed Contributor

If this set is similar to the BlueJeanChef nonstick cast iron I bought years ago, I can say imo just as good, actually better 'cause hold up in the dishwasher, as Lodge or Staub.

I'm just a 'minimum' cook, certainly not a pro and I cook in spurts nowadays, but from my experience, guessing these are decent pans.

Occasional Visitor

I have been using a cast iron pan given to me by my mother in law that was her mother’s and I’ve had it for 48 years

non stick.......fabulous can’t wait

Contributor

Diamond Dave is bringing his A game tonight. The Q has pushed this TSV all...day...long. If these skillets sell, it will be all him. 

Trusted Contributor

@grannysmith wrote:

I have been using a cast iron pan given to me by my mother in law that was her mother’s and I’ve had it for 48 years

non stick.......fabulous can’t wait

@grannysmith 

What a wonderful gift.   Why doesn’t your MIL still use it?

Super Contributor

I could use some new skillets but the presentation that I listened to had no information about what the non stick material that is used on these pans is made of. The online discription does not either. I'm not buying new pans without more information than what they are giving no matter how inexpensive they are.