Respected Contributor

@shortbreadlover wrote:

kitcenaide has sold in  terms of their poducts.  they are all now a piece of junk.  i have ne and i have had it repaired twice now.  it had a cracked head and it is made in korea.

I have to disagree with you.  I've had mine for many years, but have purchased as gifts recently and they work great!  I also have the larger food processor and have had zero problems.  When used correctly, they last forever.

Honored Contributor

I have an older KA mixer and it has been great.  Earlier this year I bought the small chopper from QVC.  Definitely was a return.  

Valued Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I would just recommend making sure this is a US-made model and not a Chinese-made model like some of the ones now sold on tv.

That's no reflection on Costco, of course, as they are a reputable retailer.  But now that QVC has been selling them for many years, some of them are coming from China.

Additionally, since they got sold out, they are not made with the same integrity as they were for all the decades when they made their mark as a quality product.

Just so you're aware, Kitchenaid stand mixers are still made in the USA (Ohio).  Kitchenaid's other small appliances are imported but the stand mixers are American-made.  

Honored Contributor

While it did apply, for decades, that ALL the KitchenAid stand mixers were made here, that is no longer the case.   I remember seeing, a while back, one that QVC had on TSV, or some deal, and it was made in China.   

Before that I'd only seen the hand mixers, etc, made in China, so it was surprising.    I remember discussing it here, when we saw that one they were selling from China.

That's not to say that they still make them here.  I know that, too.  But some of them are now made in China.

Respected Contributor

Do they have colors ?

Valued Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@Imaoldhippie

Several years ago, I bought Fuller Brush products from the Q. There was an issue with one of the pieces - and I called Fuller Brush and they said they don't sell that. I'm sure, products made for the Q are lesser quality.

I was thinking about Dooney & Bourke while reading this. 

Respected Contributor

@mibaker

FYI.....

Latest issue of Good Housekeeping Magazine rated stand mixers.  The Kitchen-Aid rated best.

Model rated was the Artisan Design Series 5-quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer model KSM155GB--$560.00

"It's the ultimate countertop showpiece for a reason. There's nothing it can't do. It comes with great basics, and you can add accessories like a pasta maker, spiralizer, juicer and more." 

(Other praises were given as well.)

Only negatives were price, amount of counter space needed, heavy weight.

"When it comes to mxing power, it doesn't get much better this five-quart classic.....so-smooth cookie dough, cake batter and perfectly whipped egg whites."

Respected Contributor

Taking a look at the KitchenAid website might help in comparing models.  Just a suggestion.

Many  different models and features and prices  are shown there.

Contributor

Costco KP26M9XCER is the exactly the same as the 6 Quart mixer KP26M1X. The pricing follows a predictable cycle and right now is at the low. I bought it 2 years ago and am very satisfied. I researched and waited for it to hit the low price. KP26M1X accessories will fit it. Between red, black or silver one color will work and for me color isthe least important atribute.

Trusted Contributor

i lk for older models of kitchenaide at estate sales.