Contributor

Costco is offering $100 off the Kitchenaid  6qt professional bowl lift stand mixer for $249.99  It has 590 watts and 10 speeds.  I have tried comparing Kitchenaids across many websites and is hard to do.  Model numbers are different, power is different.   Has anyone bought this particular one from Costco and your experiences?  Not sure what to do.  Thanks!  

Super Contributor

Go for it. This is an excellent price for a Kitchenaid. I got one years ago at Macy's for the same price.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember at the height or Oreck vacuums, the one offered at Costco was  a bottom line unit (according to Oreck). I'd check with KitchenAid that the power,  housing- overall quality, etc is the same.

Trusted Contributor

That is a super deal @mibaker...GOSH I WISH WE HAD COSTCO !!!!

Honored Contributor

I would just recommend making sure this is a US-made model and not a Chinese-made model like some of the ones now sold on tv.

That's no reflection on Costco, of course, as they are a reputable retailer.  But now that QVC has been selling them for many years, some of them are coming from China.

Additionally, since they got sold out, they are not made with the same integrity as they were for all the decades when they made their mark as a quality product.

Respected Contributor

That's a great deal, I am pretty sure we paid more for the same Kitchenaid a year or so ago at our local Costco.  I just used mine yesterday to whip some cream, the big bowl on the bowl lift models let you make large batches of anything more easily, and the motor has lots of power, I think it took about 2 minutes or so to whip 3 cups of cream for an "icebox cake" I made for DH's birthday today.  Our Costco had a limited color selection of black, red, or silver, but the cost saving was worth not being able to pick a color that matched my kitchen, since the mixer sits in my pantry most of the time anyway.

Trusted Contributor

kitcenaide has sold in  terms of their poducts.  they are all now a piece of junk.  i have ne and i have had it repaired twice now.  it had a cracked head and it is made in korea.

Honored Contributor

This is "sort of" related.

About 3 yrs ago I bought a special George Foreman grill here on the Q.  I really like it and it works perfect.  But one time I was draining the bacon grease from the drip tray and left the tray in the trash can and forgot about it and of course it got thrown out in the trash.

I have been trying to find a drip tray for it, need one 13" long.  They are available but range in price anywhere from $19.99 to 29.99.  What!

I went to the George Foreman website found the replacement site, put in my model name and number and no such item found.  So obviously the model was made for QVC and not anywhere else.

So, Im thinking that KA and other items made and sold at a "special prices and special places"  are "specially made".

Im still on the hunt for a drip tray that doesnt cost as much as the grill itself.

From now on I will be very careful about "specially made for"  items.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

KA will offer special configurations to large volume retailers that are only available thru that retailer making it hard to compare.

Q is one as well as WS so I'm sure Costco has cut a deal with KA, too.  Sounds like a good price for what they're offering.

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie

Several years ago, I bought Fuller Brush products from the Q. There was an issue with one of the pieces - and I called Fuller Brush and they said they don't sell that. I'm sure, products made for the Q are lesser quality.