Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess  Right now you can get it for $176.99 on Amazon.  There are tons of reviews (over 900 and mostly 5 star reviews).

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I just looked this little machine up.  Wow, $217 for a mini machine?

I got the full size for few dollars more and free shp and no tax

Respected Contributor

Amazon Warehous price is $152.76 (damaged box).

Honored Contributor

full size ?

Honored Contributor

Why is it any better than the other brands?

Honored Contributor

Doesn't walk on the counter like my Cuisinart did for one thing. I had to put that non skid material underneath it.

Heavier product it's like the Phillips products. You can just tell it's quality manufactured. I've only used it twice so far, but, winter is coming.

Bad thing is you pay out the wazoo for Phillips and Le Cueset, etc. LOL

1#falll.gif

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Why is it any better than the other brands?

@Icegoddess  I chose this because, no matter which website I checked, it had the best reviews.  And so far, after making only 1 loaf, I love it.  Also, it has a small footprint and fit on my shelf when not in use.

Respected Contributor

@CLEM- youv'e inspired me to try making rye bread with my machine!  I always think it's best to start out with recipes that came with the machine.  And yes, I've had to soak that little paddle more than a few times!

My recipe is very similar to yours, but I have one question - my recipe makes a 1 lb loaf, is that what your mini zo machine made?  Most of the recipes with my machine makes a 1 1/2 lb loaf, so just checking.  I love rye bread, so can't wait to get the ingredients to make some.

If you want to venture out, my recipe book has the most delicious "Old-Fashioned White Bread" recipe ever, it's the one I always use and is soo good, really like the old fashioned homemade bread I used to make years ago.  The recipe is for either a 1 or 1 1/2 lb loaf, let me know if you would like me to post it.  I have lots of different kinds of breads with the book that came with my machine that sound good (Dill, Italian Herb, Pumpernickel, etc) but I haven't tried yet.  Sweet breads also.

Happy baking!

Respected Contributor

Hi @HerRoyaLioness  Do you also have that little Z mini?

Zojirushi BB-HAC10 Home Bakery 1-Pound-Loaf Programmable Mini Breadmaker

Mine only makes a 1 lb loaf.  I know there are other Z models out there, but I didn't investigate because this is just right for me.

It came with quite a few recipes, but I ordered a recipe book called "The No-Fuss Bread Machine Cookbook" by Michelle Anderson.  I hope to find some great breads in there.  It actually has the measurements for the 1 lb, 1 1/2 lb and 2 lb loafs.  It got great reviews.  Will make one from this book next.   But please do send me your trusted recipe for white bread.  I'll be glad to try that.

I would love to make some of my German breads, but that would necessitate me to make too many calculations while converting everything.

I am planning not to buy another loaf of bread, but make my own.  Much more satisfying.

Respected Contributor

I used to have the large zo, but it baked unevenly and I eventually got rid of it.  I have a very old West Bend regular size bread machine.  Actually I have two - they make the best bread and I've tried different brands.  I found one at Good Will and one on Ebay and if I found another one, I would grab it up!

The only new one I would consider is the Zo, but I think they only make the very large or very small one, but I'm going to have to check that out.  Am I correct in thinking the mini only will make a 1 lb loaf?  The 1 1/2 lb size is perfect for me.

I am trying to scan my recipe and it is not working so far.  Will copy it on here later if I can't get the scanner to work.