Respected Contributor

Re: Yuk! Check your dishwasher filter

@Citrine1 wrote:

Hmmm.  Add me to the list of people who had no idea that the dishwasher had a filter!  

Add another I had no idea mine had one as well.

Honored Contributor

@sann wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

Hmmm.  Add me to the list of people who had no idea that the dishwasher had a filter!  

Add another I had no idea mine had one as well.

@sann@Citrine1. Me neither.

Trusted Contributor

Every time I change my refrigerator water filter, I clean out my dishwasher filter.

At the same time, I clean my exhaust hood filters. 

Use GP66 for all.  

Good luck.

Hung

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CAcableGirl2 and @Daysdee, thank you for your comments on my clothes dryer issue. There is a good 15 to 20 feet run of the vent to the outside so I called Steamatic to come and clean it. It's not something we could do. They said it would be around $150. 😩😩😩

And on the dishwasher filter, I Googled and there is REALLY NO WAY we could get to ours to clean it. You basically have to disassemble the dishwasher! I guess I will just let it ride. Ha!

Thanks ALL!   

Honored Contributor

I don't think mine has a filter...at least one that is visible from the inside. There's nothing in there that looks like it could be a hatch covering a filter. Only thing I see is that bottom grate that traps large particles or small items that get tossed down to the bottom...hmmm.

Respected Contributor

our dw dosnt have filter. its got the parana disposer in it.its a maytag.

Honored Contributor

Wow OP, do you rinse your dishes before putting them in your dishwasher? It looks like that slime is food! I check my filter periodically but I never have to clean it. Its sparkling clean. I have well water with a water softener, so maybe that helps. Woman Surprised

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

our dw dosnt have filter. its got the parana disposer in it.its a maytag.

That’s what I have. The last when I had just screwed out. I do pour vinegar at the bottom every once in a while because of our hard water. I think they actually have tablets these days to clean the inside and filter.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*