Valued Contributor

Re: Yikes, all my fault and hope to replace!

Yes, XO is THE BEST!!  Never without it, for things like this.

Thank God you are OK!

Monke~

@IMW wrote:

Try xo to remove smell and also leave a few small uncovered bowls of vinegar out. Keep windows open.

Thank goodness you’re ok.

Super Contributor

If you find yourself needing to replace your cooktop try looking at induction. It is electric but will not heat up, even when turned on, unless using the proper cookwear. Also, drips and blobs won't stick to it since they won't burn as they are not magnetic and won't heat up.

Respected Contributor

I have a teeny tiny 900 sq ft house but I was thinking perhaps 2 instead of one...just for the volume at night. Great Idea. Thx

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ Oh My Goodness!  Thank goodness you awoke and handled the situation!  I wish you had an ionic air cleaner.  We've found them invaluable.  I burned the first one out after fifteen years!

Dishes odf charcoal will also absorb odors.  You may also have to wash or clean window treatments.  If I knew you, I'd run over and help!

Here's an angel to stay with you!

See the source image

What a BEAUTIFUL heart you have. Thank you.

Respected Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ  i am so glad that you are ok, and only have to deal with clean up.  my big ? is, why on earth was it plugged in, if you weren't using it?  the ones i've seen, and mine have a detachable cord. i store inside the pot when not in use. 

Respected Contributor

I am glad to hear you are all right.  Wow, that is scary.  Years ago, I had a small kitchen with limited storage and I used to keep my plastic storage in my oven!  Well, pretty sure you know what happened...yes, I forgot it was in there and hit preheat.  Yes, everything melted, including my nice cake safe.  Like you though, I was thankful nothing worse happened!

Honored Contributor

Get one of those roll around tables they advertise , made of wrought iron, wood, etc.