Esteemed Contributor

We bought a Yeti knock off last month and used it for first time today (with a large and small Yeti Ice).  We transported a box of Haagen Daus 3 3/4 hrs and they arrived frozen -- yeah!

Honored Contributor

I got a beige Yenti cooler when I take it to store I cover with a baby blanket

LOL

Honored Contributor

I have an old metal Coleman that I bought over 40 years ago.That thing kept my camping stuff cold with just a block of ice for a week.We did store it in the shade though.

Honored Contributor

My husband was given a small hard-sided one as a gift.  It's about the size of a train case and has a long adjustable shoulder strap, too.  You can fit a lunch for two, including drinks in it.  Comes in handy.  But the zipper at the top flap is a BEAST to work.  

He gets lots of large Yeti coffee cups from vendors at his work.  They are great.  I can keep a cup of coffee hot for almost two hours which is great for road trips.  It would probably stay hot longer, but I always remove the lids to drink from the cup.

Trusted Contributor

I have purchased Yeti Knock Offs and they do work just as great as the Yeti brand for much less money.

They remind me of the brand Nissan Stainless which was around when I got married close to 20 years ago.  Their stainless steel mugs kept coffee hot overnight.  I can't find that brand anywhere now but appears others have started using their technology.  For awhile stainless steel mugs were horrible until Yeti came on the scene.

Esteemed Contributor

I keep a Coleman in the back of my SUV for stockup trips. I live rural and don't shop all that often so keeping everything cold until I get home is a must.

Better priced than Yeti, keeps ice for 5 days.

Respected Contributor

I have this knock off from HSN.  It was a TSV for $99.  It is now $79.  I use it in the car to haul groceries.  it works well.  Many complain that it doesn't keep ice for 3 days, but you have to make sure you get real ice not the ice from these vending machines that are full of air.  The ice is less dense and melts quickly no matter what you put in it.  It works well with quality ice or frozen blocks.  I also use dry ice in it, but dry ice does well no matter what.

Built New York Large Welded Cooler Bag

I got mine in a tropical floral print, but only solids are available now.  I did some research on Amazon for it.  $99 was a great price and $79 is a super price too!

Respected Contributor
I will add that you need to have the top folded down as well since the zipper area is a point of cold loss. With it folded that problem is removed. I imagine those that complain are using cheap ice and not folding the top down.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Yeti coolers

[ Edited ]

We bought another knock off yesterday at WM(Ozark Trails 50 can size, $137). We also bought 2 four lb Yeti Ice ($59 for 2 Amazon).  Our problem in transporting FROZEN stuff is extreme, since we load up in Phoenix and then drive 3 1/2 hrs home.  Our other faux Yeti has that roll top, which is great, since you can seal top and also roll it down to reduce inside area necessary to keep extremely cool.  Nothing against old coolers such as Coleman but you can't get/keep them cool enough to transport FROZEN ice cream products over 200 miles.