Esteemed Contributor

Re: YOGURT discussions......This is a ""no"" brand for me......

Thank you for that info, who woulda guessed? Fishy yogurt. Stonyfield is my brand, that's a good citizen company.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Super Contributor

I would be way more worried about the high sugar content. Twenty-three grams...YIKES!!!

Frequent Contributor

On 4/14/2014 kahootz said:

I would be way more worried about the high sugar content. Twenty-three grams...YIKES!!!

Really, skip the yogurt and go for the pudding : )

Honored Contributor

I just don't care for Yogurt.

Super Contributor

I like tilapia...just not in my yogurt.

Honored Contributor

I'll just copy and paste my post from the other yogurt thread:

I did a research project on yogurt a few years ago and was mortified by all the garbage they put in the average yogurt. Yogurt is simply milk gone bad. It should be milk and bacteria. And finding that is harder than you'd think.

I finally found it.

http://www.nancysyogurt.com/index.php/organic-yogurts/organic-whole-milk-yogurt

Ingredients: Organic whole milk, organic nonfat milk powder, L. acidophilus LA-5®, S. thermophilus, L. bulgaricus, L. casei, L. rhamnosus, B. bifidum cultures.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

I have always enjoyed yogurt, and I take a lot of antibiotics, and eat it frequently, but again, I will state, that the yogurt that I have mentioned.........regardless of talapia, and I understand the reasoning for it, I still do not see the "good" bacteria in it to aid in the reason that I eat it in the first place.......Am I wrong in this assumption????????

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Frequent Contributor

I don't think yogurt is the answer!

Honored Contributor

On 4/15/2014 forrestwolf said:

I have always enjoyed yogurt, and I take a lot of antibiotics, and eat it frequently, but again, I will state, that the yogurt that I have mentioned.........regardless of talapia, and I understand the reasoning for it, I still do not see the "good" bacteria in it to aid in the reason that I eat it in the first place.......Am I wrong in this assumption????????

You sound like me in that you're looking for a product that is simply milk and bacteria. Did you see my post about Nancy's? It's milk and bacteria.

Another choice is -- OH, NO!!!!! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

I just went online to post a link for another good yogurt -- one with 8 active cultures -- and what I found was this sad message:

http://www.cascadefresh.com/

Horrible news. Cascade Fresh is gone. This is terrible news. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

On 4/15/2014 forrestwolf said:

Forrestwolf,

Did you see my earlier post? Fage Greek Plain yogurt, 2% has just milk, cream and Live Active Yogurt cultures.

INGREDIENTS

Grade A Pasteurized Skimmed Milk and Cream, Live Active Yogurt Cultures (L. Bulgaricus, S. Thermophilus, L. Acidophilus, Bifidus, L. Casei).

Fage Greek Plain yogurt, 0% has just skim milk and Live Active Yogurt cultures.

INGREDIENTS

Grade A Pasteurized Skimmed Milk, Live Active Yogurt Cultures (L. Bulgaricus, S. Thermophilus, L. Acidophilus, Bifidus, L. Casei).