Respected Contributor

Re: Why are all the food items so high??

@glamwitch wrote:

Part of what make Q food prices so high is that they're usually shipped in large quantities. Personally, I wish they'd sell foods in smaller quantities for small households like mine. Five dozen potstickers would last us a year or more; I'd like to be able to get just a dozen or two. And I don't want 20 chicken breasts or rib racks at a time. I don't have that kind of room in my freezer ...

@glamwitchI would like to see smaller quantities too.  I don't need a gazillion of any food so I never buy anything.

Honored Contributor

I recently ordered and received the Crepinis. The package from QVC was about $20+ cheaper than if I'd bought the same products from the company website. The goods were cheaper on QVC and shipping was included. On the website it was $10 more plus shipping.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Occasional Contributor

You are paying for shipping plus QVC profit.  I have found if you go directly to the manufacturer you can sometimes get a better price, even when you have to pay the shipping and you also have a greater selectionl.  Rastelli meats is just one where i have been able to save quite a bit of money, primarily when they have a sale and reduce or eliminate the shipping.  I recently got a large order from them and paid only $2.50 per 4oz sirloin steak (KC sold the same steak for twice the price).  Last year I also got a prime rib at a ridiculously low price when on sale at Rastelli.  I've tried this with a number of items -- good luck.