Honored Contributor

Re: Who else ordered L&L yesterday?

No, I passed on everything.   After years of purging, I feel everything in my house is right sized to our needs, so I feel good with what is already here and am not easily tempted.   

Honored Contributor

@house_cat  Me!  And I ordered the clear option too.  Ever since I have discovered glass containers you can cook in with matching lids to store I have become such a fan plus what sold me is the largest one fits in that Oster toaster oven which is what I cook in.

I also ordered last week the Wolfgang Puck TS which was his SS bowls with lids and also a grater/slicer feature with a small helper handle.  They are terrific too, I am very pleased with both purchases.

Honored Contributor

I didn't order the TSV as I didn't need those sizes.  I recently had purchased two different sets of the L n L with the glass.  Love them.  I use the small round ones to freeze the "frozen fruit yogurt" I have been making in my Ninja Storm.   At some point I will probably order another set in the glass.  (Also, I collect the purple and wasn't sure if what they had in the TSV was really more blue.  Mostly I didn't need those sizes right now.)

Honored Contributor

I did not but was tempted.  I love the Lock 'n Lock products and have more than I need.   My biggest concern is the glass.  I have the 9x13" glass covered dish and recently found chip on edge.  I do not know how it happened. (not worth returning)  Wondering if anyone has had a problem with the glass bakeware.  I know some people have had a problem with Pyrex but I never have.  Pyrex has items with lids now too.  I love L&L for pantry storage, leftovers, etc....use it all the time!  

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered the wintergreen TSV. I only had one loaf pan so it will be nice to have 2 that are the same size. And i am looking forward to having a deep large casserole dish.

I have always preferred baking in glass. 

Had a hard time deciding between the sage and wintergreen. So many great color choices. 

Still considering the oval zip insulated carrier. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Christie B wrote:
I didn't get the TSV because I have plenty of TT and PW bakers. But I did order my second set of the four-piece tall canisters in royal purple and the four-piece nesting canisters in the sunset (?) coral color. I love these pantry storage sets--I haven't had nasty little critters in my dry goods since I started using the L&L products.

I have 1 set of the tall canisters in red - and I purchased another set several months ago.in winter green. These are my favorite L&L containers. I put lots of different types of bread in them and store in the freezer in my garage. In my kitchen pantry, I store cereal, rice, snacks (chips/pretzels/cookies), etc. Food stays fresh for a very long time - and no bugs!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@walker wrote:

I did not but was tempted.  I love the Lock 'n Lock products and have more than I need.   My biggest concern is the glass.  I have the 9x13" glass covered dish and recently found chip on edge.  I do not know how it happened. (not worth returning)  Wondering if anyone has had a problem with the glass bakeware.  I know some people have had a problem with Pyrex but I never have.  Pyrex has items with lids now too.  I love L&L for pantry storage, leftovers, etc....use it all the time!  

@walker 

I have the 9x13 glass covered dish from L&L also.  I love mine.  I do not have any chips or other problems with the item as is but I do have a complaint-I wish it had handles of some sort.   I made a baked pasta dish in mine and boy was it heavy.  No handles to use made it iffy to come out of the oven.  I was concerned it would slip thru the potholders on my hands.   It's amazing how much help even a small lip helps when removing hot items from the oven.  I have quite a collection of colored Pyrex from back in the day.  I love that they all have handles even if they do not all have lids.  Will continue using these although the temptation to purchase the new L&L was high!  Hope all who ordered are pleased with their purchase!

Honored Contributor

mustang66lady.......good point! I understand what you mean. I will continue to use mine, carefully.  

Esteemed Contributor

@walker 

I have started putting my L&L 9x13 on a rimmed baking pan so it can more easily be removed from the oven and not spill the hot contents on myself or all over the oven and floor.   Just a small design flaw in my eyes but one that could cause a lot of misery if lava hot ingredients tumble out of hands!  

Trusted Contributor

I ordered that bright purple/blue. I don't need them, but I am trying to get rid of plastic pieces and just have glass. And I like the oval shpe. Not only have they already shipped, but they are already in Phoenix, so I should get them on Tuesday.