Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

Why is this thread still active? It has been almost 10 days since the OP's inquiry, which has been resolved, and now the "conversation" has devolved into pointlessness...

@loriqvc . Threads rarely stay on point. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wheres david?

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ  - Oh, that's definitely true; I'm just surprised that this one is even still open for comments with all the argumentative and off-topic posts. This will likely be my last addition to the crazy... Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor
Im just concerned we will lose David to HSN. He is constantly complaining about the cold and snow. I worry he will be tempted to move to Tampa. I believe he is a warm weather person and as he ages it will only get worse.
Trusted Contributor

Don’t be surprised if the older hosts get phased out in favor of younger fresh faced hosts.   It is happening now.   My suspicion QVC is  beginning to appeal to a younger demographic who tend to have more disposable income.  Not those retirees on Social Security.

Respected Contributor
Hung, if true that is very sad. Younger women do not appreciate the hosts the same way the older generation does. When I have told younger women I shop QVC they snicker and don't take it seriously. Some claim they don't even know what it is. I feel the bread and butter for QVC is the post 60 year old. These are the loyal customers who enjoy the hosts and get to know them as people. Younger people just want to point and click. They are too involved with their gadgets and gizmos. They don't value people.
Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:
Hung, if true that is very sad. Younger women do not appreciate the hosts the same way the older generation does. When I have told younger women I shop QVC they snicker and don't take it seriously. Some claim they don't even know what it is. I feel the bread and butter for QVC is the post 60 year old. These are the loyal customers who enjoy the hosts and get to know them as people. Younger people just want to point and click. They are too involved with their gadgets and gizmos. They don't value people.

@Reever how can you make such an assumption? I know many of the youger generation who value people. And I see just as many older folks involved with their gadgets and gizmos as younger people.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Reever This is so not true for the young people I know and come across.  How can you draw a line from not wanting to shop on QVC to "they don't value people?"  That's not even an overstatement, it's a just a wrong correlation to make. 

My 65 year old sister, and my 92 year old mother are both on their cellphones and tablets a lot because they jumped on board the ability to stay in touch with family every day.  Yet, neither of them want to shop on any TV shopping channel because they feel it's too easy to over-spend their money (they are probably right about that Smiley Very Happy).  And who buys a large percentage of their clothes and household goodies?  Me, that's who, I'm the willing sacrificial lamb.

I have several cousins between 35 - 45 that are not at all interesting in watching shopping on TV, but they go online and buy from QVC, HSN and others, and a great many of them "like" their FB pages so they see what's new for sale.

It's not a moral issue, it's the way they like to shop.  Getting attached to a TV salesperson?  They wouldn't even know why on earth anyone would do that. 

Respected Contributor
I just feel that the hosts are like "old friends". They establish a bond with long time customers. Thats why we hate to see the latest trends in automatic, robotics and artificial intelligence. I despise online shopping because it takes the human element out of it. I don't like the Facebook chats that QVC is doing either. Treat people not like a number! Thats what drew us old timers to CVN in the first place.
Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:
I just feel that the hosts are like "old friends". They establish a bond with long time customers. Thats why we hate to see the latest trends in automatic, robotics and artificial intelligence. I despise online shopping because it takes the human element out of it. I don't like the Facebook chats that QVC is doing either. Treat people not like a number! Thats what drew us old timers to CVN in the first place.

@Reever   Yes, I do understand how you feel. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever - I understand many of the points you're making, but I think you're missing the purpose of the Facebook chats—they are specifically designed to bring an even more direct connection to Q viewers by allowing them to have a level of participation in the on-air presentation, from asking questions to providing feedback about what they like and want to see more of, with those details viewed and responded to in real time by a QVC employee (and with recent changes, more often than not an actual QVC host).

All that said, I am not a big social media fan and find the chats distracting, so I generally avoid them. But the one or two times I've wanted to make a suggestion or ask about a product, it has been nice to be able to "chime in" and get an immediate reply, even if it's just someone acknowledging what I said without any further action.