Super Contributor

I don't believe he had any weeks off in the fall or up until holiday break.  He did his 2 kitchen shows, Saturday Morning Q with Kerstin, and his David Holiday Home show.  He was busy for about six months.  I'm sure he earned this time off.

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee  That wasn't my question, it was cookinfreak who asked the question.  Read my previous post.

Honored Contributor

I like David, but I do enjoy a "substitute" host.  Adds variety to the show since so many of the products are the same they have shown for several years.  (To me Mary isn't "variety" and she already has several shows.)  I like to see Jill, MaryBeth, Jane T. on the shows and would love to see Alberti "in the kitchen".

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle Please excuse my mistake.  Daysdee

Trusted Contributor

Re: Wheres david?

[ Edited ]

When Mary opened the show on Sunday, she addressed his absence right away and assured everyone that he will be back, not to worry, yada yada. I laughed because she was so serious, but we know how his ladies freak out when he is not there. She did NOT say he was on vacation - she never used the 'v' word at any time - probably because of discussions like this. She said he had some "scheduled days off," which to me, could also mean a medical thing, which I am NOT saying it was.

ETA - just saw his FB post where he used the exact same words "scheduled days off." It just seems different, and maybe he also wanted to avoid the "How much vacation does he get????" discussions. 

And, at my company, everyone starts with 3 weeks (which aso includes sick time). After 5 years, you get another week. Ten years another one, I think.

Honored Contributor

Teachers get the summer off.

Respected Contributor

Well good for him. People have to have a little relaxation. So if he can do that, Good for him. Lifes to short.

Regular Contributor

This is a new show that David hosts.  It gives you great ideas on decorating your home.  On the east coast, it is on Thursday evening. I happen to like it because you get decorating ideas from a man's perspective and is realistic.  Many of us don't have the size of houses that other hosts do and this show really provides a valuable source for decorating small apartments.

Honored Contributor

all gardening shows the whole day today

click..................

Respected Contributor

@Whitney400  How were you able to change the Topic Title?