Honored Contributor

Re: When you don't feel like cooking

When I don't feel like cooking, I make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Respected Contributor

@Twins Mom  Super sweet one hundreds,Early Girls,Beef Masters and Carmelo.

Respected Contributor

If I don't want to cook I often bake a big potato in the microwave, then top it with cheese, sour cream, leftover chili or broccoli ....whatever I have on hand.

Respected Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:

Frozen pizza.  Before Covid we might do take out pizza hut now I try to have a couple on hand.

Yes, I do too.  Two nights ago I took a Kirkland cheese pizza, put Italian sausage (I had to partially cook it on the stovetop), and pepperoni on his side, mushroom slices, onion, bell peppers, olives all over, and added sliced artichokes to my side and tomato after it came out of the oven.  It was loaded.

Penzeys Frozen Pizza seasoning helps jazz it up and fresh basil.

Overall though, very little "cooking".  But sometimes you don't even want to stand in the kitchen to slice and chop. 

Kraft mac and cheese in the blue and yellow box is complicated enough for those nights.

Valued Contributor

I like reading all of the responses Smiley Happy

My hubby grills quite often so if he makes steak, he makes extra.  We slice it up, freeze it for later in the week and then we have steak salad with cherry tomatoes blue cheese croutons and romaine lettuce - I add sunflower seeds or other veggies if I have them.  It makes for an easy dinner.

We do the popcorn or cereal thing as well.  Sometimes we have breakfast for dinner, eggs or breakfast sandwiches or french toast.  

Today earlier I had avocado toast with sliced cherry tomatoes.  I don't need much to fill me up.

Always try to cook enough so in a few days or a week from now you have enough to thaw and eat again (bake two meatloaves, make double the sloppy joe mix, etc.).

We never eat the same thing two days in a row - keeps dinner from getting boring.  

Finally, we buy a good frozen pizza from our area - cheese pizza and then doctor it up with bits of sausage, some pesto, mushrooms and whatever else you like.  

Respected Contributor

We order a pizza.  Just did today because not only is it still so hot here, I ran behind on errands.  By the time I got home and started to prepare dinner, it would be too late.  Besides, I was right in the area of our favorite pizza places.  Otherwise making breakfast for dinner is something we like, also BLT's.  I came across a recipe from All Recipes for Dripping Roast Beef Sandwiches.  Very quick to make, so easy and so delicious!

Respected Contributor

I could make and eat a sandwich four nights a week myself.

My husband, no. Ha, I can already hear the "sandwiches AGAIN??".

Been cooking dinner it seems like forever. Truthfully, pretty tired of it.

I cook, he cooks, we cook - but, a sandwich is just so easy with so many choices!

-Texas Hill Country-
Trusted Contributor

@jeanlake  Sometimes, it's a can of tuna (packed in water) and saltines. Occasionally, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich does the trick.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Respected Contributor

We have a really good pizza parlor nearby, so pizza's one of our main options. We also have a few restaurants that have pick-up down to a science and they offer most of their eat-in menu for pick-up. Of course, there's always breakfast for dinner and sandwiches.

Respected Contributor

I haven't cooked since my divorce many years ago. I live on microwave dinners and soup and sandwiches. On occassion I'll make a hamburger or hotdogs.