Honored Contributor

Re: Whats cooking in this month of september?

@Shihtzursqmom  Get a good night's rest and hopefully you'll feel better in the morning.  If not, get yourself to the doc or nurse practitioner.

Respected Contributor

DD took a trip to Philly yesterday to get Swedish Meatballs from IKEA.  She bought three bags!  Plus three packets of the gravy and 2 jars of lingonberries.  So tonight we will be having those plus mashed potatoes. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ninjawife wrote:

DD took a trip to Philly yesterday to get Swedish Meatballs from IKEA.  She bought three bags!  Plus three packets of the gravy and 2 jars of lingonberries.  So tonight we will be having those plus mashed potatoes. 

@ninjawife - what time should I be there?  I haven't had IKEA Swedish meatballs in forever!  

I had extra blueberries so another batch of muffins is in the oven.  I'll send them home with DS today.  

Today we're having - 

Ham, Egg, and Cheese Bake 

Some kind of green vegetable

KF Blueberry Muffins

Honored Contributor

My husband asked for cube steak, gravy, toast and fried apples tonight.  He's had little interest in eating for the last month, so I'm all in with cooking whatever he asks for.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

That sounds delicious to me!  Hope he enjoys it!

I had some frozen pork meatballs and spaghetti.  Different but very good!  (they were BOGO this week)

Respected Contributor

Good evening everyone. Cloudy and dark today but so far no rain. We haven't had any rain in about 3 weeks. I finally got to take the pool down and pur it away. This week I made first soup it was chicken pot pie soup and I make pit crust circles with flour, salt, Crisco softening and milk. Was going to make extra crusts,to put on the bowls of soup but only had enough Crisco for one batch and I made Salisbury steak with gravy, breaded fried

zucchini and corn and I baked blue berry, lemon zucchini cake with a glaze on it. I had alot of zucchini to use up.I shredded some and I got 7 bags of 2 cups to put in the freezer for baking. Have a great night everyone.

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch thankfully I did get a good nights rest and I’m feeling much better today
@Pooky there was a former poster Carol1229 ( I think that’s the right # ) who posted a LOT of wonderful
zucchini bread recipes here years ago , every recipe she posted that I tried was fantastic ,
you might still find her recipes doing a search to use up some of your zucchini

Tonight we had taco chicken casserole, refried beans Mexican rice

Respected Contributor

@Shihtzursqmom  Glad you're feeling better.

We had pizza tonight.  Rarely get it, maybe 5-6 times a year.

Honored Contributor

My iPhone is acting up.  DH did some troubleshooting and thinks it may need a new SIM card.  I'm very UNtechy about devices.  We're going to take a ride to the Xfinity store this afternoon and see if they can help.  While we're out, we have some UPS drop offs and a Costco return.  

Lunch today

Ham & Cheese Rollups

Small Wedge Salad.

Honored Contributor

Teacher daughter is bringing my husband a fish dinner from Captain D's, his favorite fast food.  I will decide between a chicken salad sandwich on toast with sliced tomatoes or potstickers in the air fryer.