Respected Contributor

Re: Whats cooking in september?

[ Edited ]

Have Italian sausages, green peppers & onions in slow cooker with spaghetti sauce. We' ll have them on bomber buns with cheese. Potato chips, olives & cukes on the side. Dessert is lemon bars from my sweet neighbor lady!

Rainy and cool here but may go up into the 80's. Hopefully the last few days of that!

Respected Contributor

Steak fajitas with red onions and bell pepper.  I will top mine with sour cream and fresh pico de gallo.  We are having refried beans on the side.  

It has been a beautiful day.  I went out for a bit today while I was working to get a diet lemonade from Chick fil A and to fill my car with gas.  I have had a lot of down time at work and I was very bored today.  

Honored Contributor

Based on fridge leftovers of ham, a baked potato, a soft yellow pepper, small block of cheese, and diced onions, we had western omelets and sourdough toast with apple butter.  

Respected Contributor

@RedTop!
Touchdown on creative use of your leftovers! I love apple butter. I've only had it jarred but got to try & make my own.
Esteemed Contributor

Busy day today, so I am going for an easy dinner. Brats with roasted peppers and onions on a hoagie roll and coleslaw.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

We are gathering the last items we can find and will be going to our friend's house this afternoon to set up for the garage sale.  We're grateful that she is letting us use their pickup truck.  Otherwise we would have been making several trips. Our Forester is roomy but not that kind of roomy.  I'm happy to have leftovers available to warm up today so I won't need to spend time cooking.  

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

Green Beans

Chia Pudding w/Fresh Berries

Respected Contributor

I am making shrimp with linguini in a lemon garlic parsley sauce.  DH has decided to do Weight Watchers and I got the recipe from their website.  

I am bored again at work today.  I had an evaluation scheduled but the parent showed up without their child!  I do not know why the parent thought we could assess for special education services without the child.  I think I may go to Chick Fil A for lunch and get a grilled nugget meal with a diet lemonade. 

Honored Contributor

My husband asked for chili and grilled cheese tonight.  I will eat chili with a few oyster crackers; grilled cheese is an easy pass for me.  

Respected Contributor

Oven fried chicken cutlets (dipped in flour, beaten egg & seasoned panko then sprayed with Pam). Stir fried rice with mushrooms & onions, steamed broccoli. Banana bread with a scoop of ice cream for dessert.

Warm & humid today. Looking forward to cooking some Fall meals soon. Have a nice evening!
Respected Contributor

Good evening everyone and you guys are all making me more hungry. My wife is running late from work and I'm just reading what you all are cooking and it all sounds delicious. Its another beautiful day with no humidity and temps in the 70s. I started draining the pool yesterday and I took the pool down and put everything pool related away for the season. I'm so glad I got that done and out of the way. I had leftovers for lunch and leftover soup for dinner tonight. I had bought a set of 3 donut pans and Yestauday I made powdered sugar and glazed baked donuts. They came out really good. Have a wonderful evening everyone.