Respected Contributor

Good morning everyone and happy September. Down here in r.i. its in the 50s with no humidity and it really feels like fall this morning. Last night was leftover potato skins I reheated in the air fryer.I figured they would come out like when I first made them rather than microwaving them and we had a pretzel I made with them. They went well together. Have a great Labor day weekend everyone.

Honored Contributor

Re: Whats cooking in september?

September Month Blessings

Esteemed Contributor

Per request by our two sons, we are having bbq today. Smoked ribs & brisket, bbq beans, fresh corn and potato salad. I am also making Almond Joy poke cake. Due to my too tight jeans, I will want all leftovers gone from this house.  

We haven't seen our grandbabies in almost a month. We are very excited to to get snuggles and kisses and they are very excited for Poppa Jack to get his pirate leg next week. 😄 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Hi all. We woke up to a chilly fallish feeling day in Shipshewana too, but it warmed up nicely.

We had some unexpected stops on the way home so we haven't gotten back yet.  When we do, we'll be using up the last of the leftover roast beef with some heirloom tomato slices, and mayo on a lettuce wrap.  I'm not sure what else. I'm pretty sure I have some fresh cauliflower to roast and we can have some random raw veggies like cucumber slices and mini peppers.  Good enough.  

Respected Contributor

Build your own sub sandwiches, deli meat, lettuce tomato, onion, etc. Sliced cukes on the side. Potato chips and watermelon for dessert. Gotta take advantage of these delicious summer veggies & fruits!

@kate2357, Don't worry about extra pounds. They will melt away when you start chasing the grandbabies around! So nice that Jack and you are progressing well. You have handled this with grace & determination. ♥️
Honored Contributor

It's fend for yourself night here, since what I had in mind to cook was shot down by everyone.  I'm having a peanut butter and banana sandwich.

Respected Contributor

@RedTop, love that combo! I always spread peanut butter & jam on sliced banana bread.
Super Contributor

Hard to believe it's September already!

@house_cat we had breakfast too. Scrambled eggs bacon and diced fried potatoes with toast.  When my kids were younger breakfast was their favorite.  

Wishing all a safe Labor Day weekend!🇺🇸

Honored Contributor

Sept 1 - Salmon, deli potato salad and raspberry pie with vanilla bean ice cream.

My DH had surgery earlier this week he so tells me he doesn't need much to eat. Okay, I say but I've been pulling double duty with housekeeping and yard work so we compromised.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG, sending wishes for your husband to recover well. Hopefully you can relax this weekend. Our weather is going back to unbearable, isn't it?? ! ☹️🔥