Valued Contributor

I made BLT's and hash browns.  I made extra bacon for DH's breakfast.  
Today has been emotional as it would have been my brothers birthday.  I miss him so much.  

Have a good evening everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

@2sisters 

Hugs to you. I hope you can call up happy memories of the time you spent together.

I lost my brother 35 years ago and I still miss him and think of him every day. I associate the song Wind Beneath My Wings with my brother, as it came out about the same time. I cry like a baby whenever I hear that song.

BUT whenever a Monarch butterfly lands on me, I think it's my brother paying me a visit and letting me know he is fine. I know..woowoo, but it helps ease the ache.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Super Contributor
It was really hot today I kept our 6 month old great granddaughter all day I didn’t get any work done but we had fun , we went to the PO then to visit a friend

Tonight we had pork chops, I had pasta salad, my husband had steamed vegetables
Trusted Contributor

@Kate 2357

i can (and do mostly) survive on seafood!
dh is our chef since retirement, and accommodates my requests often!

tonight though, turkey meatloaf and green beans and don't laugh baked beans!

not sure where he got that idea, but heck I will eat them! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Fifi1 

Lucky you to have your own personal chef!  We eat a lot of seafood here too...most caught by family members. 

As for baked beans....my family could eat bbq baked beans for just about any meal. Hot or cold...summer or winter, they don't care. Smiley Happy

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

@kate2357 

My personal chef only barbecue'd what Id prep till early company buy out/retirement!

he quickly learned and we promptly gained about 10#'s! 
He's always been athletic but had to learn how I cooked!
I'm retiring next month so will maybe take on a few cooking days!

btw - i love baked beans, just seems odd contribution!

Respected Contributor
@2sisters and @kate2357

💞 💕 to you both. I share the pain of your loss. My baby brother passed away 2 years ago; very suddenly and unexpectedly. It still hurts.

Keep his memory alive by remembering the fun and love you shared.
Honored Contributor

Picked up a bagged salad, added some sliced strawberries and chopped pecans and some smoked turkey that I had picked up day before (made sliders with it last night) and we had a great salad with turkey instead of chicken.  I made some homemade honey mustard dressing and I toasted two of the slider buns with butter.  Iced tea, water and yogurt for dessert.

Respected Contributor

It was 84 degrees today, so I decided to make tuna salad. I didn't want it on bread or a roll, so I decided to have it with a side of rice - garlic butter rice. That was a mistake Lol. The strong flavor of the tuna fought with the strong flavor of the garlic. Nope, I won't try those 2 together again.

Respected Contributor

Well DD disappeared yesterday afternoon to escape the noise and was not home in time to make dinner.  Both DH and I had busy, stressful work days and neither of us wanted to cook so we had take out.  I had a beef stir fry with whole wheat noodles, broccoli and mushrooms and a sesame garlic sauce.  I got strawberries, blueberries, chocolate chips and whipped cream for dessert. 

DD is going back to the beach this afternoon as she left food in the refrigerator that needs to be cleaned out and either thrown out or brought home.  I am not counting on her to be back for dinner so I will be making the chicken caesar salad tonight.