Honored Contributor

Re: What's the deal with Lock & Lock?

@Mominohio wrote:

@beetle812 wrote:

@ all

Thanks for the replies.

I've always put plastic containers in the microwave for reheating.

We have some really old plastic containers that have never melted but I was afraid they had BPA so, I got some Lock & Lock containers.

I mainly wanted them for my husband to reheat his lunch at work.  We're only using them in the microwave for a few minutes.

And QVC/Lock & Lock rep does say they're microwave safe and they don't stain.

The only thing that makes them better than my ancient cheap plastic containers is the silicone seal and BPA free.

I'm trying out freezing some soup in a Lock & :Lock right now. We'll see how that goes.

Maybe I do need to find glass containers for my husband's lunch. 

@beetle812 

Lock and Lock has great glass containers just right for lunches. They have vented tops for use in the microwave. There are a couple of sets online now, but the ones I got are out of stock right now, set of four square. I bought three sets and make lunches ahead for him, and put them in the freezer. I love those so much! 

K46457

Image result for qvc item K46457

I also have this set and like it very much!  If it comes back I would, and actually have here in the recent past. recommend it.

I would never put plastic L&L in the microwave and it still annoys me that they recommend doing that.  These are a perfect alternative.

I checked them for leaking right after I got them and there was no leaking at all.   What I do is to put some water in them, making sure they are totally dry on the outside, seal them up, and put them on the counter upside down.  Not a drop, even though they have that little spout thing for microwave venting use.  

Their glass items are borosilicate (the type that Pyrex used to use) and very durable and well-made.

Trusted Contributor

No problems with tabs, or leaking, or staining. Mine do get that white line in them where food has been, and I grow tired of it, so I just buy new ones, as I have a lot of minerals in my water, and just expect it. Even water filters do not change the fact of what happens to them. I thought Sistema would be good, but they are not air tight or water proof. I will take L&L over anything I have tried. Even Tupperware does not stand the test of my water, and therefore, no way, worth the price. 

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Trusted Contributor

I thought it was just me!  Tabs breaking off, the seals coming out, lids not fitting, staining ...  very sad because I have loved this brand and bought a lot of it over the years. 

New Contributor

I like my Lock N Lock. I have blistered a few in the microwave with either tomato based food or high fat foods. I too have switched to many glass containers with similar lids and am glad to see Lock N Lock has those now. I love my 9X13 glass pan with the cinnamon lid. It is definitely a keeper.