Respected Contributor

Re: 🌷What's cooking this month of April?🌷

Pot roast with carrots, onions and potatoes in the slow cooker for dinner. Another treasure I found as I am making room to stock up on new goodies!

Beautiful day today. Going for a walk with a neighbor soon. It feels so good to get some sun & fresh air. Have a very nice day 🌞
Valued Contributor

I made hamburgers, baked beans and chips.  Everyone's meals sounds delicious today!

The weather was perfect today!  I hope everyone else had good weather too.  
@Shihtzursqmom  my eight year old grandson had his first baseball game today which I had to work but next week he has three evening games.  I will go to them. I love seeing them play!

Have a good evening everyone.

Valued Contributor

Our 3 youngest grandchildren 11 , 9 & 2 and our great granddaughter 5 months was here most of the day to play
The kids played outside, rode 4 wheelers and side by sides a long time , and even flew kites , the 2 year old lost his kite in the top of a tall tree he was so upset
I bet they all sleep good tonight they had a busy day
The baby enjoyed watching them play she’s rolling over now and trying to get up on one knee to crawl it makes her soooo mad that she can’t , it be long until she’s chasing the others

Today my SIL smoked pork butts and brought us one
It was soooo good
We had bbq on baked potatoes for supper I guess we’ll have a lot of bbq meals this week until I freeze the remainder

2sisters my grandson is 9 that plays baseball, my granddaughter 11 plays softball they are siblings
Sometimes the games are at the same time which causes conflict we just alternate games when that happens
It’s so much fun watching them play
My husband coached our kids and an older granddaughter in youth sports we’ve always been involved in park and rec
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We finally had a beautiful weather day yesterday.  I had potato soup and a chicken salad on a toasted bun yesterday.  It really hit the spot.  Not sure what is on the menu for tonight yet.  

Decided on burgers and salad for dinner.  A cheeseburger is my favorite protein on a big fresh salad.  Will probably make a few fries too.  SO, he will have a traditional burger on great buns I got.  

Have a good evening.  

Honored Contributor

It's sunny and in the low 60's this morning.  I'm going to leave shortly and let DH sleep.  He'll probably be up by the time I get back.  He had a little accident yesterday afternoon and ended up with an L-shaped gash on his head. I washed it and treated it with triple antibiotic ointment but the bleeding never completely stopped. A couple of hours passed and we decided he needed to go to the ER.  Everyone there was great. DH left with 4 staples.  They said he'd be hurting today so were staying home so he can take it easy.

Lunch - 

Caesar Salad w/Grilled Chicken

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch   Hope your hubs is resting.  Ouch....Take care.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon everyone. Sunny this morning but cloudy with showers soon. I had 2 Amazon deliveries today one was a big peice  of plastic to put outside to put my young garden plant's under until I can plant them and it came in a box with protective bubble wrap and a 6 pack of bulbs. Now breakable bulbs came in the box you get them in the store with no box bag protection just its own box.it's like what sence does that make. We ate with Anna yestauday and she made oragetti  pasta with broccoli, oil, grated cheese.   Chicken with potatoes sweet and regular, salad and ria  came home from work with fresh and still warm Italian bread and buns. Today Anna made

Battered chicken and bttered cauliflower, string bean and potato salad, and beef and mushrooms. We ordered Chinese food last night and there's leftovers for tonight and lunch for me a couple days with week. This week weather in going to be much better. Have a great week everyone.

Honored Contributor

@lynnie61 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch   Hope your hubs is resting.  Ouch....Take care.

Thanks, @lynnie61.  He's doing fine. 🤕😊

Respected Contributor

We just came home from a fish fry with friends from DH's fishing club and are stuffed to the gills. I made a pasta salad & M&M cookies. Amazing food offerings; no duplications at all!

Wow, lots of great cooking being reported here. Very inspiring!

@JeanLouiseFinch, I hope your DH heals well. You did right by going to the ER to avoid an infection. Better to be safe than sorry.
Honored Contributor

Baked potatoes and leftover bbq beef for the 2 of us.  The refrigerator is pitifully bare, the bowl of bbq and a bowl of baked beans are the only leftovers in there.  

The grocery list is ready and waiting, but I wanted to see scabbing on my burn wound before I leave the house.  @MOMMAVik, yes, my burn has been covered with gauze pad and wrap due to being open and raw.  It will be covered very well when I leave this house.