Honored Contributor

🌷What's cooking this month of April?🌷

[ Edited ]

I hope no one objects to me starting off the new month.

🌷🌷🌷Happy Spring, everyone! 🌷🌷🌷

Monday is usually our meatless dinner menu, but we were bored with the usual stuff so we tried something experimental.

We had what I refer to as "reptile stew".  I made red sauce with turtle meat, frog legs, alligator and rattlesnake meat.  I know it sounds kind of yucky, but it turned out to be delightfully delicious.  I served it with linguini.

Our weather has been very changeable lately. Yesterday, for Easter, we had a foot of snow.  Today it's cloudy with a chance of meatballs.  Who says climate change is a hoax?

#aprilfools

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: 🌷What's cooking this month of April?🌷

[ Edited ]

IMG_1964.webp

I don't mind at all, @house_cat.  I don't think @Pooky1 will either.  Sometimes he just gets busy.  

I thought I'd be planning a shopping trip but we ended up with a plentiful amount of leftovers from yesterday's brunch and I have plenty of veggies and berries on hand that we're set for the week. 

Today we had:

Baked ham

Spinach & Cheese Egg Casserole

Roasted Brussel Sprouts 

Strawberry Layered Dessert

We are sitting under a wet weather system - high percentage predictions of precipitation today thru Thursday, but April showers bring May flowers - right? This morning, DH said he'd walk with me today. We decided to wait until the afternoon once he finished working. There was a small window where we could get it done. We barely made it. We actually finished the last four minutes going back and forth in front of the house and up & down the driveway, just in case there was a cloud burst and we had to run into the house.  Tomorrow it's supposed to rain all day except for one hour in the morning.  

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat
No you did NOT make a reptilian meal. Lol....

I shudder just reading the words.

First prank of the day for me. Other than what the universe has been tossing our way.

Thanks for starting April. The next 6 months are my favorite time of the year.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 

I hear ya.  If I were desperate, I might eat turtle or alligator or frogs legs to save my life, but I'm serious when I say that I'd die before I ate a snake.  I don't even like typing it!

Also, I chuckled when you said that the universe was pranking you.  I really do admire your strength.  At one point in my life a friend said to me, "You know, God only gives you what he knows you can handle".  I told her, "Well, I think he has me mixed up with someone else!"

Gotta keep laughing ....

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Spring!!!💐🌼🌼🌹🌹💐

Knock...knock...peeking in.😁

I have NEVER had the "pleasure" of eating alligator or turtle,😊 but when I ate meat, I would have tried some in a heaping bowl of spicy chili if the right cook prepared it!🥰 I am SO happy you enjoyed your "reptile stew"!😁 It sounds like something very Cajun.👍 I am having an easy to prepare salmon and rice bowl that another poster shared in another thread I have had it twice a week lately; it is THAT good!😋

WOW! @ snow!🥶 We had a beautiful day of abundant sunshine with mild temperatures.🌞

Edited to add: CRACKING UPPP after reading downthread!! 😂😂😂 I just thought...who am I to judge snake n gator eatin'?😂😂

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat 

You also carry quite a load yourself. Hope you and your dh are doing well. 

1000003170.jpg

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Valued Contributor

house_cat good prank I agree with you on the snake I am horrified of snakes I can’t imagine eating one

I cooked so much yesterday I decided we’d have tomato soup and toasted cheese sandwiches for supper
Respected Contributor

@house_cat   Pretty funny.  I thought, you have a great sense of humor.  I couldn't even type that!

Well yesterday was my first official day of retirement.  Someone texted me from work, and said your retirement didn't go through, and I had to get to work!  Almost 45 years there.  

I'm keeping my side job (one day a week) at a local family restaurant that I enjoy.  I work there on Saturdays.  Of course they said, you can have more hours here.  Umm, no thanks.  

We had pizza for dinner!  It's going to take me a bit to learn to not get up at 5 am.  

Happy April 💐☔️🎉❤️

Honored Contributor

@lynnie61 

Congratulations!  Enjoy yourself, you certainly earned it!

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lynnie61 

Congrats on retirement. It's been about 2 years for me and I still get up early. But now I get up early for me. I can have a leisurely cup of coffee, do my word puzzles and get in a workout to start my day off.

I have not missed working at all. I hope you enjoy your retirement.