Respected Contributor

What's cooking in this month of June?

Good morning everyone. Its is already June 1st. I posted on the cooking thread and couldn't find it  and when it got a few likes I realized I posted it on another thread. Tuesday I made shaved steak ,mushrooms and sugar snap pea stir fry over rice and Yestauday I made chicken and waffles. I have been busy getting garden ready for planting and this week I have been planting it. Its nice to see Alot of new people posting on this thread. Have a great week everyone.

Respected Contributor

Re: What's cooking in this month of June?

@Pooky1 

Your stir fry sounds delicious!  

We had hamburgers and roasted potatoes last night.  Not sure what we will have tonight!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Tonight I'm making chicken Parmesan, with a side of pasta and a salad.  I'll use tomato sauce from a jar.  They'll be enough of everything leftover for dinner tomorrow night.  Leftovers are my favorite Friday night meal.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

I just do not cook every day, but Shepherd's pie is on my immediate horizon. I may wait til Sat. to bring it to a family birthday celebration.

Anyway, blueberry muffins today. That's to take over for a granddaughter who happens to really like them.

Trusted Contributor

Earlier this week I made Vitamix cauliflower soup, it was wonderful, I will add it to my 'go to' last minute meals. Last night I made Hungarian Mushroom soup....that recipe went in the trash! LOL!!

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Respected Contributor

This has been my most recent "new" recipe.  I served it with fried rice made with cauliflower rice and used sugar free marmalade (diabetes friendly)Orange Chicken BJ Chef.JPG

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We're expecting our usual Thursday company today.  DH and I are eating with one of our kids tomorrow and then leaving Saturday for several days away so I need to use up a number of things today.  I have Polish sausage and hotdogs in the freezer, asparagus, cauliflower, broccoli, and half a package of bacon, in the fridge.

So, we're going to have:

Choice of Polish sausage or Kirkland beef hotdog (or both)

Tennessee Onions

Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad 

Chia Pudding w/mixed berries

Sending all leftovers home with our son. He can have the asparagus too.  Lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

June started today.  Less than 12 hours ago, so I haven't thought about it.  I cook twice a week and I like stir frys and casserole type meals.  Less meat, more vegetables.  Last week I printed some summer casserole recipes.  There's a Nacho Chicken casserole that I want to do for tomorrow's dinner.  The vegetables and chicken sausage one looks good too.  I need to shop first.

Honored Contributor

I ordered the black bean patties that were on the gourmet food show yesterday.  Now I have salmon and pork rib eyes coming on auto ship and thought I'd try these. They look good and DD and I try to go veggie at least a couple times a week. We will see. Going to grill romaine lettuce for a chicken caesar salad too. Been using the Ninja grill/smoker alot and am really happy with the outcome of my food. It's really a nice machine. 

Valued Contributor

Last night's dinner was oven roasted/seasoned sweet potato coins served on a tortilla with homemade hummus.  Tonight I am making a vegan cheddar, broccoli, and potato soup.  Later this week I will make homemade vegan sausages in bulk so I have them ready in the freezer.  My friend from India who is an amazing cook has been teaching me some great chickpea recipes as well, so I will be trying some of those soon.