Respected Contributor

Re: What's cooking for April 2018 = = = = =

good afternoon everyone. raining and muggy down this end but weedend looks good so far.  went with my mother inlaw grocery shopping and maria baby sat her misersble father .got burger king for lunch and leftovers for dinner. and just did 2 loads of laundry. hope everyone has a great weekend.

Respected Contributor

Hopefully the baby sitting Maria did was not too long - she still needs comfort after what she has been through. Sometimes a pick up meal or easy fix is just the way to go. I had frozen dinners. LOL. Worked like a charm.

Hope all have a great day.

Honored Contributor

It was a clear, but cool and breezy spring day (50 degrees) here in southern WV.   Chicken pot pie seemed like a good choice and was rather tasty.   

Respected Contributor

redtop chicken pot pie is very good. good morning everyone. cloudy and showers today but temps going into low 80s mid week. yestauday morning at 330 am my mother inlaw yelled up to us can you guys come down . i think my is dead.well he did seem like he died but maria called 911 and they revived him and took him to hospital and they did test but heart had been stopped like 20 minutes so he was brain dead so tubes got taken out and he passed away like 215. so we have alot going on.got home and we ordered 2 large pizzas. 1 pepperoni and 1 artichoke and bacon.both very good. hope everyone had a good weekend.

Respected Contributor

redtop chicken pot pie is very good. good morning everyone. cloudy and showers today but temps going into low 80s mid week. yestauday morning at 330 am my mother inlaw yelled up to us can you guys come down . i think my is dead.well he did seem like he died but maria called 911 and they revived him and took him to hospital and they did test but heart had been stopped like 20 minutes so he was brain dead so tubes got taken out and he passed away like 215. so we have alot going on.got home and we ordered 2 large pizzas. 1 pepperoni and 1 artichoke and bacon.

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

redtop chicken pot pie is very good. good morning everyone. cloudy and showers today but temps going into low 80s mid week. yestauday morning at 330 am my mother inlaw yelled up to us can you guys come down . i think my is dead.well he did seem like he died but maria called 911 and they revived him and took him to hospital and they did test but heart had been stopped like 20 minutes so he was brain dead so tubes got taken out and he passed away like 215. so we have alot going on.got home and we ordered 2 large pizzas. 1 pepperoni and 1 artichoke and bacon.

@Pooky1--------I know he was "miserable man" but he was Maria's Father.

It is only to be expected that she and her Mother will feel grief on some level if only dreaming of what things were or could/should have been. I am sorry for his death for him and for all of you. I wonder how daily life will be different now.

You have all had big issues to deal with lately but hopefully this will be the beginning of peace, contentment and the summer will bring emotional healing to the entire family. I know you will make certain that Maria's Mom will get lots of rest and relaxation.

My thoughts are with all of you .....just get through the arrangements and ceremonies that you all deem necessary.....Take good care of yourself @Pooky1 and your ladies. We'll be here waiting when you are able to come back.

With affection------ Danky

Respected Contributor

Sorry to hear about your FIL Pooky1. Times like this always prove to be sad sometimes that feeling is delayed a bit but it happens Am sure, however he loved his wife and daughter. You never know, he may even have cared a lot for you. Some people just cannot show that - too bad for sure - but it happens. take a deep breath and I know you will provide a lot of comfort for Maria and her Mother - you are such a good person.

Quite chilly here today and quite drizzly. Tomorrow suppose to rain - we shall see as one never knows if it will truly do that.

Tossed some goodies in the WOK, love doing that as usually it comes out great. Had some seasoned chicken tenders cut up, corn, onions, red taters, collards and black olives - it was delicious!!!! sure easy to fix as everything was already cooked although the chicken and collards were frozen - no big deal.

Hope one and all had a great day

Honored Contributor

@Winifred  Waiting for the May thread.  Smiley Happy  This time I remembered, but no thread, lol.