Valued Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in October 2016?

Afternoon,

I made egg salad sandwiches for Mahjong here yesterday. I had bought too many eggs on sale. Needed to use them up. One sale was 2 dozen for $1.00. Hard to pass up.

Also made the pumpkin cobbler again. Aways a hit. I frozen what was left over. Hope that works.

Had to waste food and cooking for one isn't easy. My frig is stuffed right now.

Need to make some cookies for the heating and air conditioning guy coming to check on furnace for the winter. I always have cookies for him.

Hope all in Florida say safe.

Respected Contributor

Hey Soushi, those eggs were really a good deal. Egg salad sandwiches are soooooooooo good!!! Glad to see you here. Sometimes cooking for one is a royal pain in the you know what. I use to do it but under different circumstances. I rarely cooked much of anything during the week when I worked as I ate my BIG meals for lunch then - retired in 1999 to help with my Dad - but cooked big time for the weekend - did that for years. Mother, Dad and I PLUS the grands spent weekends together. Times changes things however. My daughter died in 1989 and that put a fly in the ointment so to speak. Her three girls - and husband struggled with her loss and I had all three for a while yet I kept the oldest girl through her first year of college - she now lives in Topeka.She asked to stay with me so I told her to ask her Dad, he said YES and we worked it out. She was the PERFECT one to stay with me. Good student, super active in high school and the community, good grades, was a Candystriper and the first teen allowed to work in the emergency room and so it went. I never had to tell her anything - she made her bed each morning, was immaculate and so it went. Wow! It did not rub off on her younger sisters however. LOL.+ The youngest grand - who is also in Topeka - all three grands were born here and raised here but like I said things change. Their Dad was a railroader and they closed the railroad Santa Fe station in San Bernardino - he could quit or transfer to Topeka so guess what.  At any rate the youngest called me about a year ago and said to me how happy she was I taught them to eat veggies. LOL. She is raising her children on veggies and she did not do much of that living with her Mom, Dad and sisters. Interesting. But I do understand, cooking for one is NOT the same as sharing each meal. Bless you for keeping busy, difficult at best but you are a marvelous person.

I was tired - a very busy day and nothing for myself, darn it. Went and got KFC and Long John Silver for the group here. Worked out just great.

Once again, tomorrow will arrive - I am getting very tired of cooking all the meals which are done here and having to do all the cleaning, etc. What can I say? However I do keep remembering my Mother's wisdom - Do not forget others have it more difficult than you - a great Mother for sure.

Looks like everyone is eating very well.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy friday

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Image result for good morning coffee images

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Thanks for waking us up Preds. And shame for shame, I did not even stop by yesterday to say good Morning to you. Well do excuses count? Was super super busy yesterday. Had NO help whatsoever with the kids and hauling Davey to and from school. Very tough day and now it is time to start another day. Shannon was suppose to come by and help - did not happen. Davey's father and little sister are here for the weekend and he will be a lot of help. Am delighted to have him come up as it helps Davey and that is so very important and he also helps get things done here and he is a great babysitter. LOL. Had a pizza in the freezer so pulled that out last night.

Am probably going to fix a glazed ham for tonight and am sure there will be enough for Sunday also. Love those things.

Come on by everyone - enjoy all the comments and it gets lonesome without the daily chat. Thanks again Preds.

Respected Contributor

Hey, I got some 88 cent a dozen eggs today - Aldi's - and their eggs are great!!!

Honored Contributor

Image result for good sunday morning images

Respected Contributor

Had a glazed ham, mashed potatoes, green beans and corn for dinner last night. Lots of ham left over, very little of anything else although there is a tad of green beans left. That's good as Ricky really likes them.

And a good morning to one and all - thanks for the greetings Preds. Have a great day one and all. Please stop by and let us know what is cooking at your house.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy monday images

Honored Contributor

Image result for good morning images