Respected Contributor

Re: What’s Cooking in January 2022?

Our new year's day menu was prime rib, silky mashed potatoes, black-eyed peas and cornbread.  I was in a food coma shortly thereafter.  DIL does the prime rib, marinating it for several days, and I must say it was better than Fleming's (went there on December 26 to celebrate our anniversary).

Frequent Contributor

Did not find time over the holidays to make chicken enchiladas, so that was New Year's Day meal.  Also making chicken noodle soup.

Honored Contributor

Made a pressure cooker full of beef stew since it's cold. Brrr!!! It got down to 7° last night. It's only 22° now.

Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday I put jarred spaghetti sauce in my crockpot and added onion, garlic, Italian seasoning and a pinch of sugar. The I cheated even more. I usually make my own meatballs but DD had gotten a bag of Wegmans frozen  meaballs on a whim.  Threw 1/2 bag in sauce and cooked on low for 5 hours I think.

I had gotten some good rolls so I lightly toasted them, added meatballs and a little sauce, mozzarella cheese and under broiler they went until the cheese melted

I was leery of the frozen meatballs buy holy cow they were good subs.

We still have a few meaballs and sauce so tomorrow night I'll cook some pasta, bingo supper done

Respected Contributor

Good evening everyone and happy new years. Winifred usually started this thread and if she didn't get to it someone else would start it. She has come on as often as she use to so I just started starting this thread at the beginning of the month. But when it was saying that qvc was getting rid of this blog Winifred said she would not be going to the new blog they told us about so she never saw that qvc kept the blog going. She hasn't come on since then. Winifred is very missed.hope you all have a great new year. By mil always makes lentils on new years eve.. Some Italian people find lentils on new years Eve  good luck. So she made lentils with potatoes onions and carrots.  I totally forgot about starting the blog this month until I came on here now.

Respected Contributor

Everyone is busy cooking such delicious food! Today we are finishing up odds & ends, dips & veggies, cocktail sausages in sauce. Making a pot of chili to warm us up. After the snow storm yesterday the temps have dropped. Toppings: Fritos, chopped onions, sour cream, shredded cheese. Corn muffins on the side. If they save room, ice cream sundaes for dessert!

I wish all of my cooking friends a very Happy New Year filled with joy, good health and peace! 🕊️❤️
Honored Contributor

Today was chili with corn muffins; only one small serving of chili leftover.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had my colonoscopy yesterday so Monday I ate light, Tuesday it was clear liquids.  When we got home, I made myself some keto jalapeño poppers.  I love those things!   Dinner was steak, sautéed mushrooms, and roasted asparagus. 

We are having lunch company today, so I just made my meat sauce and will be assembling a keto lasagna shortly - making a double sized one so I can send leftovers home and still have another meal for DH and I this weekend.  I'll either pair it with some roasted broccoli, tossed salad, or both - whatever the others want.  I have a little keto cheesecake left from Sunday for our dessert. 

Respected Contributor

Very cold here in SE Wisconsin with temp 12° wind chills below zero. Have ribs in the slow cooker. I will make corn muffins later & baked beans. Have some coleslaw to finish.

Everyone stay warm & safe if you are in the path of snow & ice. Have a delicious day & weekend!
Honored Contributor

@MOMMAVik wrote:
Very cold here in SE Wisconsin with temp 12° wind chills below zero. Have ribs in the slow cooker. I will make corn muffins later & baked beans. Have some coleslaw to finish.

Everyone stay warm & safe if you are in the path of snow & ice. Have a delicious day & weekend!

It was so horribly cold and windy here Wednesday.  Chilly today too.  We have friends from Nashville who travelled to Indiana last night.  It was pretty rough.  For a lengthy stretch they could only do 35 mph.