Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's Cooking for October 2019?

@Pooky1   It was so much easier than getting the griddle out for 4 or 5 pancakes.  It made alot and it can be sliced and heated in microwave tomorrow.  It would be great for a crowd.

DD hates cooking so it must have been really easy. lol

Super Contributor

Dear, Sweet @RedTop    

This post has nothing to do with food (although plenty of positive things could be 

said to you about that) but about your absolute kindness to halfpint. 

I have read back at some of your posts and your caring for her has taken on a new level. You HONESTLY care for her and, in spite of that, never try to avoid the truth

of her situation . I wish there was away to reach out to her son or Adult Protective Services or someone who could help. 

I really am not surprised since I have seen the way you care for your Mother, your Husband and your Daugters. You are INDEED a special human being and I wanted you to know that I had noticed. 

Honored Contributor

Been in a soup mood this month. I bought current "delish" mag at the check out in my super market--called Super easy soups--$12.99 and have made 3 recipes so far all have been very good, ready in 30 minutes too. It has soups, stews, chowders, chilis too. Add a salad and french bread and it works very well for the fam. Am tired of making a huge full meal every night-----easy is for me.

Honored Contributor

@Keybra 

Thank you for making my day with such kind words!

Respected Contributor

Looks like everyone is eating very well - that is good. I have no clue what I will have for dinner and here it is after 5 p.m. Oh well, that is what happens sometimes when you get really old. Actually I had a good breakfast and great lunch so may just have some watermelon for dinner - coffee also. Oh, and of course some chocolate chip cookies.

Winds have simmered down - than goodness - but the fire near me is not completely contained yet. Sad to say they found yet another person who did not make it through the fire - 75 homes lost and two deaths. Do not know how many pets were lost but quite a few from what I do know. So very sad and stupidity caused this fire -  like most of them.

Hope all had a great day.

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone. nice day today in the low 60s. maria made yestauday mexican eggrolls like the kind you get in chilis restaurant. she puts cooked chicken, black beans, mextcan corn, red peppers,moneray jack cheese once its all cooked she puts mixture in burrito wraps folds them and secures them with a tooth pic and i fried them until golden brown. they were really good and today allso mexican. ground hamberger,chic peas, great northern beans,the mexican cheese you get in a jar, cheddar cheese once its all cooked i have it over tortia chips and she has it in a bowl with chips on the side.allso very good. hope everyone has a great night and eats well.

Super Contributor

Read your corn on the cob thread @Pooky1 . Some people will take any excuse to lash out at others. They must have miserable lives. What could be more innocuous then corn on the cob ?

So last night had chicken wings  and homemade white bean and spinach soup. I must admit I make very good soup ! Tonight we are having chicken cacciatore ..I got Tyson chicken quarters at .77 lb. We will being eating them for awhile. Stocked up the freezer 

with almost 60 lbs. for around $42

Respected Contributor

Soups and stews. This is the perfect season for that comfort food, and it freezes so well. Same for chili, which I make with half-ground beef and half-Italian sausage, because I made it like that once, and DH and the kids loved it lol.

Those foods, plus some corn bread or Wegmans Tuscan garlic bread, make a nice cold-weather meal.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

@Keybra wrote:

Read your corn on the cob thread @Pooky1 . Some people will take any excuse to lash out at others. They must have miserable lives. What could be more innocuous then corn on the cob ?

So last night had chicken wings  and homemade white bean and spinach soup. I must admit I make very good soup ! Tonight we are having chicken cacciatore ..I got Tyson chicken quarters at .77 lb. We will being eating them for awhile. Stocked up the freezer 

with almost 60 lbs. for around $42

@Keybra,  Oh That is a great buy. Around here many of the stores limit the amount you can buy when they are running a sale.

Respected Contributor

good afternoon everyone. that was a good deal. i allso believe in stocking up. my mom and grandmother allways when they shopped would buy 2 rolls of toilet paper at a time. i cant imagin why or how. i have 12 rolls right now and to me thats running low. theres time i see a good sale of a 20 pac and i have had like 48 rolls. and paper towels the same.sunny and nice today like 60 out. i started buying on sale stuff for when maria starts making christmas cookies. kitchen aid hand mixer 100th annivery in red came in today but we havnt used it yet.had leftovers yestauday and today.maria made cake to take to my brothers tomorrow night for a halloween party and she will decorate it in the morning and she will make 6 ham and cheese calzones in the morning.i made 3 batches of dough for them yestauday. i loaded and ran dishwasher last night and unloaded it this morning but right now i need to load it and run it because theres a counter and sink full of dishes because we shopped in 2 stores this morning.stores up this end limit sales to but theres allways a way around it. price rite had a good price on butter with limit of only 2 so i bought 8 and did it in 4 transactions.hope everyone has a great weekend.