Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's Cooking for March 2020

[ Edited ]

@Winifred, sending you wishes for a beautiful💗 day in S. Cal today. ((Take good care))

Respected Contributor

good afternoon everyone. and welcome to whats cooking.we allways like getting more people stopping by.today here in ri its in the 50s sunny and windy. this week maria made a big pot of mini meatball soup with onions, carrots, celery and homemade meatballs and tuesday she made in the slow cooker pulled pork on the side we had mixed corn and peas and she made coleslaw both very good. hope everyone has a great week and eats well.

Honored Contributor

Kielbasa with onions and peppers, mashed potatoes and salad at our house.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pooky1, I always enjoy reading about Maria's soups. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

in my last post i wrote a welcome message and i just noticed i forgot to include your name in it so my welcome to this food thread went out for you lifeisgood.it allways nice to see new people stopping by and your food sounds very good.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

in my last post i wrote a welcome message and i just noticed i forgot to include your name in it so my welcome to this food thread went out for you lifeisgood.it allways nice to see new people stopping by and your food sounds very good.

Oh @Pooky1, (thank you)Heartfor such a nice welcome. I saw your other welcome post, but I thought that it might have been a welcome for all those that are new here, so thank you again for reposting your welcome.

I hope you and Maria are having a beautiful weekend and have enjoyed a dish or two of something delicious. 

Respected Contributor

Ah me, Monday starts another week doesn't it? LOL At least we had daylight a bit longer today - that was great but of course we are not always pleased - do not like the longer morning dark hours. Preference however is lighter in the evening.

Did get to church - as usual Pastor Don did an excellent job. He is such a masterful story teller. WOW.

I know it is late but I am getting ready to crash - hope all had a great day

Valued Contributor

@Winifred

In some states the insurance rate for a student is lower if he/she has good grades.  You might keep that in mind for future reference.  I don't know Davy's student status but my niece got a discount a few years ago due to good grades.  Hopefully, that is still a perk. 

Respected Contributor

Marky1 thanks for the info. I believe California still does that. This is NOT the first Grand I have worked with on driving but times do change. The insurance company really startled me when they added no money for Davey to practice driving in my car. That WAS a change when I helped my oldest grand - she is now 50. I think it is time I stop this stuff. Reason for a lot of it is I lost my only child in 1989 and her three girls also lost their Dad when he was 49 - both left us way too soon - but it happens.

Miserable weather yesterday although it did stop raining about 3 times and the sun came out two of those times. LOL. Today? Not really sure what is going to happen but the experts say the rain will continue through Friday - nice days for the weekend and then the second storm comes back on Monday. And I can remember a few years in March it was hotter than you know what and stayed that way. Hmn.

Fixed some orange chicken with peas, corn and potatoes in the WOK last night - always good. I ate a lot of it.

Have a great day everyone

Honored Contributor

I used my insta pot to cook pinto beans for the first time today.   Do like the texture of the beans, but trying to cook the soup down to the texture we like.   Also fixed chicken livers, wilted lettuce and onions, and corn muffins.