Respected Contributor

Re: What is the best Air Fryer

I like my Ninja Foodi. The grills ans baskets are metal, and the lid opens from the top. So many air fryers have baskets that slide in.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks so much everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

@busymom22 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

I want to buy air fryer.  Can any of you makea recommendations on best brand?   Thanks in advance.

I did a lot of research before buying a second air fryer (after I gave my Cook's Essential to my son) and Cosori rates the best.  I've had the Cosori Pro air fryer for a couple of years and I love it.

One feature that is rarely discussed is the convenience of having a detachable basket that is separate from the drawer. Most air fryers don't have this and you have to put the metal mesh insert on the bottom and it's easy to cut your hand. It's also a lot easier to clean when you have the detachable basket. Look up Cosori Pro Gen 2 Air Fryer 5.8 qt on Amazon and you can see the pictures that show what I am talking about.

Also, Cosori has the best customer service. I did not realize that using a spray oil like Pam (that has a propellant in it) will make teflon peel. Cosori was gracious enough to send me a new basket free of charge.

@busymom22  Thanks so much.  I never heard of this brand but I will check it out.  

Esteemed Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:

I'm on my third air fryer.  A really important feature to me is ceramic coated cooking surfaces rather than traditional non-stick.  It's been my eperience traditonal nonstick peels and flakes and needs to be treated with more care than ceramic.  Ninja air fryers offer this feature.  I'm super happy with my Ninja.

@RollTide2008   That is good to know   Thank You!

Esteemed Contributor

NINJA IS THE WINNER   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@busymom22 , I read America's Test Kitchen before I bought my air fryer.  Cosori rated at the top.  I bought a Ninja and I love it.  I am not a gadget person and I hate counter clutter but am so happy to have an air fryer especially in the hot summer months.

Respected Contributor

I bought an egg shaped one years ago but it was too bulky. And didn't hold much food for how big it was.

I bought a Ninja flip up type a few years ago but it was just so large - took up so much counter space even flipped up.

I'm also worried about how hot they get.  My cat jumps up on the counter - I'm afraid he'll get burned.

I'd love to have one that's a countertop oven type.  I'll look at these brands.  Thanks everyone for posting.