Super Contributor

What happened to Masterbuilt?

What do you suppose happened to Masterbuilt on QVC. The president of the company, John McLemore used to be on QVC regularly pitching his Masterbuilt Smokers. While I didn't purchase one I was sure tempted. The food made using the Masterbuilt smokers looked fabulous. Now neither McLemore nor Masterbuilt are anywhere to be seen on QVC. 

Respected Contributor

Re: What happened to Masterbuilt?

I don't why they haven't been on QVC, but you can buy them at Lowe's.

Super Contributor

Yes, I know that. I'm just always curious when QVC drops a brand that appears to have been very popular.

Regular Contributor

Yes, Lowes does have a selection.

Years back I purchased my first electric Masterbuilt from QVC and I enjoyed it. One year in March we were struck with a massive snow storm and the unit, on the deck, wasn't as protected as I thought. Two years ago I purchased a Charbroil which was similar to the MB unit but the wood box was so much bigger on the CB but unfortunately, it stopped working this year during my first smoke. The third time is a charm and I bought a Masterbuilt bullet smoker which is not electric nor gas. It uses charcoal or wood and the results are 1000 times better than electric. Not only can I use it in rain or colder weather, it gives such a better flavor and appearance. The smoke ring is achievable with almost zero effort and with the exception of checking the coals every few hours, the use is simple.

Honored Contributor

@Razzy 7 wrote:

Yes, I know that. I'm just always curious when QVC drops a brand that appears to have been very popular.

@Razzy 7 I always think the better brands drop QVC.  They feature a brand for awhile then out comes the QVC branded version.  

QVC likes to see if something is successful and turn it into their own for more profit.  I also think some brands get a name and jump to a bigger and better venue like the big box stores. 

Trusted Contributor

It could be a production problem.  QVC might have to drop several products depending on where they are made.  I believe Masterbuilt is made in the USA.

Honored Contributor

Seems Traeger is the one they are pushing now.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Would guess that is a lack of agreement on the contract.  It happens.