Honored Contributor

Re: What Snack Item(s) Spells TROUBLE! For You?

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

While I'll admit to having a sweet tooth, my real weakness is salty snacks. No bag of chips is safe in my presence. A bag of plain old wavy chips with French onion dip or a bag of Fritos scoops with salsa, bean dip and/or queso will all disappear in a quick minute once I lay eyes on them. 😬😂

@Maltichonmom17 I SOOO loved French onion dip, especially the sour cream and Lipton's onion soup recipe!  Now, having used less salt most of my life, the salt is just bitter to me!Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Munchos!

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG, I feel your pain on the need to cut down on the salt content. I try to cook low sodium and watch the salt content on labels. It's mind boggling to read the crazy sodium levels on  food items.

I just can't indulge in those salty snacks like I did back in my younger days so I don't keep them in the house. But when that occasional mood to indulge hits me, look out 😳😂

Esteemed Contributor

Kraft Mac & Cheese (blue box) if that can be considered a snack food.

Second and third place would be:  cheeze-its and sugar cookies, respectively!

Regular Contributor

@insomniac2 - YES! Munchos! OMG...I cannot have those in the house. My mom used to bring me a little bag of them home as an occasional treat. They will forever be my guilty pleasure, lol.

I love Fritos too. I hadn’t had them in about a year or so. My neighbor made some caramel covered ones and gave us a big ziplock bag full this Christmas. OMG...I was so glad when those things were gone. They were addictive. Definitely blew the carb count that week, lol. 😂🙄😳
Honored Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

@ECBG, I feel your pain on the need to cut down on the salt content. I try to cook low sodium and watch the salt content on labels. It's mind boggling to read the crazy sodium levels on  food items.

I just can't indulge in those salty snacks like I did back in my younger days so I don't keep them in the house. But when that occasional mood to indulge hits me, look out 😳😂

@Maltichonmom17 I cut down on salt from a health stand point in my '30's.  After I got much older, I had inherited high BP from all FOUR grandparents!  High salt now seems to sting my taste buds.  I just can't!

Esteemed Contributor

@insomniac2@Bandwife23 

What are Munchos - I've never heard of them!

Regular Contributor

@eddyandme:

Here you go. I hope the link works. They’re so salty and good, lol! 😊

https://images.app.goo.gl/Tm5VGs8c88Vr34eF6
Trusted Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Once in a while I get a craving for snacking on chips the Honey Dijon baked chips which my husband always includes when we have lunch at Whole Foods (that contains all the things I don't eat - salt/oil/fat)....generally I have very few cravings for snacks (I love veggies/homemade hummus for a snack attack) and tell myself I can eat anything I want...and 99% of my food  is what makes my body hum....that 1% is usually overeating on avocados/nuts (which is great in small amounts...I'm not a fan of small

amounts person). 

Hi @phoenixbrd , what brand baked honey dijon chips?  I tried to google them, but found none that flavor, thanks!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AnnMarie-1   Kettle Foods Honey Dijon....you'll never stop so i hope i have not fueled a new addition!  I just don't start because I know the bag will be gone!

Sorry for some reason you have to scroll to the right to see the amounts and %.

Serving Size: 1 oz (28 g/about 13 chips)
Serving Per Container: 5
 Amount Per Serving%Daily Value*
Calories150 
Calories from Fat80 
Total Fat9 g14%
Saturated Fat1 g5%
Trans Fat0 g 
Polyunsaturated Fat1 g 
Monounsaturated Fat7 g 
Cholesterol0 mg0%
Sodium140 mg6%
Potassium400 mg11%
Total Carbohydrate16 g5%
Dietary Fiber1 g4%
Sugars1 g 
Protein2 g 
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 10%
Calcium 2%
Iron 2%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
 Calories:2,0002,500
Total FatLess than65 g80 g
Saturated FatLess than20 g25 g
CholesterolLess than300 mg300 mg
SodiumLess than2,400 mg2,400 mg
Potassium 3,500 mg3,500 mg
Total Carbohydrate 300 g375 g
Dietary Fiber 25 g30 g
Calories per gram:
Fat 9 - Carbohydrate 4 - Protein 4