Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Are Must Have In Your Pantry?

A ready supply of balsamic vinegars from Seasons Taproom & their EVOOs, since I eat salad 6 days a week.

Then for baking:

cocoa, baking powder & soda, vegetable oil (though I never use this all before I have to replace it for freshness)

Cream of celery soup, et.al.

Pasta in various shapes

Tuna

Treats for the dog

(to name a few)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RedTop wrote:

The pantry in my kitchen was supposed to be the space for the washer and dryer, so I have 5 long shelves; 4 of them, and the floor space are filled with food.   

I keep a supply of condiments, vegetables, cake mixes, canned milk, graham cracker crusts, rice, taco shells, coffee, teabags, salad dressings, soups, canned meats, pie fillings, canned fruit, pumpkin, 6 different kinds of dry beans, vinegar, oil, shake and bake, stovetop stuffing, pasta, oatmeal, cream of wheat, boxed cereal, flour, sugar, self rising cornmeal, crackers, cornstarch, pudding and jello.

Red Top

We have a nice big pantry too.  My husband likes to have things on hand. Always has been like this.   My daughter and her family live next door now.  I always tell her if you need anything check with us first.  You know your dad. She has and she does.  He likes to help them out this way.  She has access to the freezer in the garage too. No more waste.  She doesn't abuse it either, but I let her know when I pick up extra on sale.  

My list would be much longer if I put it all down.

We share meals now and then too.  Sometimes we cook for them and then she cooks for us.  Been fun for us.  Two grand kids and they like to come to our house for a snack now and then too.

Roscoe the Rascal

Honored Contributor

Just listing the absolute essentials around here.

Peanut butter

Cream of mushroom soup

Ground pepper and salt

Cheerios

Coffee

Coffee Mate

Canned tomatoes

Honored Contributor

@Roscoe the Rascal I enjoyed your post!  That was like my dad for sure!  We had a great supply of beef because he raised cattle.

I have a soft spot in my heart for dads who want to feed people!  

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Just listing the absolute essentials around here.

Peanut butter

Cream of mushroom soup

Ground pepper and salt

Cheerios

Coffee

Coffee Mate

Canned tomatoes

@depglass Yes!  HAVE to have all of them except Coffee Mate but I keep a natural vanilla flavored and hazelnut kind and only use them in iced coffee OR about a tablespoon or so in a batch of home made yogurt!

It doesn't make it really sweet but has just a slight hint of flavor!  It has never kept it from getting firm either.

Regular Contributor

Rice

Egg Noodles

Variety of Pasta

Pasta Sauces

peanut butter

oatmeal

mayonnaise

variety of Campbell soups for recipes

pretzels, chips

diced tomatoes

cans of tuna

boxes of brownie mix

flour

breadcrumbs

variety of canned beans

Cheerios

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Salad dressings

BBQ sauce

Pasta

Canned tuna

Peanut butter

Cream soups--mushroon, onion, chicken

Salsa

Taco seasoning

Spices

Ketchup

Mustard

Olives

Pickles

Oatmeal

Canned green beans and corn

Canned tomatoes--diced, crushed, stewed

Stuffing mix

Tomato sauce and tomato paste

Mayo

Respected Contributor

Different kinds of can soups, chicken broth (32 ox), tuna fish, peanut butter, canned veggies (corn, green beans, whole potatoes, diced potatoes) many different can tomato products in many sizes, ketchup, mustard, bbq sauce, different types of rice, pasta (lots of different pasta), spaghetti sauce, olive oil, cooking oil, cereal, baking stuff (baking powder, baking soda, some cake mixes, pudding mixes), cooking spray, bisquick, potato chips, tea, coffee, sugar, flour, all my "stufff" for daughter's school lunches, noodles for soups, McCormick packets, cookies, and a shelf of mexican stuff (taco shells, enchilada sauce, green chilis, beans, etc).

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy We have a lot of ingredients for Mexican meals too!  I love a good taco salad with Fritoes not that awful shell thing!  We even keep Amy's "Mexican" frozen enchiladas and such for quick easy meals--but we always add a lot of salsa to it.  

LOVE LOVE those flavors, and the beans and spices and rice.  You can do so many good things with the basics! 

Respected Contributor

Coffee

Tea

Peanut Butter

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Balsamic Vinegar

Dijon Mustard

Honey

Canned Tuna

Canned Chick Peas

Canned Artichoke Hearts