Valued Contributor

K54874 - Cooks Essential pressure cooker shown today on ITKWD.  I have been requesting this for a long time.  I have the prior version of this bought in 2004.  My insert has handles on the side to lift it out.  This unit does not appear to have this.  My concern is how to lift the insert out when it has food in it and is heavy.  I saw one 5 star review but it doesn't mention this.  The picture doesn't look like it and it is not mentioned in the info or how heavy the unit is.  Anyone know?

Respected Contributor

@WORKING GAL wrote:

K54874 - Cooks Essential pressure cooker shown today on ITKWD.  I have been requesting this for a long time.  I have the prior version of this bought in 2004.  My insert has handles on the side to lift it out.  This unit does not appear to have this.  My concern is how to lift the insert out when it has food in it and is heavy.  I saw one 5 star review but it doesn't mention this.  The picture doesn't look like it and it is not mentioned in the info or how heavy the unit is.  Anyone know?

I have a different pressure cooker and your right I dont have handles on it and it is awkward lifing it out.  i usually get a few hot pads to lift it out but it could be a hot accident waiting to happen!

Honored Contributor

That works like a good deal. If I needed it I'd jump on it. Hard to find an oval pressure cooker. have to have an oval for ribs. Absoulutely.

My oval is still working but mine is black (ugh) This one comes in red. lol