Frequent Contributor

Warmed Burger With My Cook'sEssential 5 Cup Perfect Cooker!

Okay, first, I know some would rather have a leftover burger cooked fast in the microwave.  The problem for me is that it makes it a complete soggy mess, and either not warm enough or way too hot.

I had a leftover barbeque burger with bun from dinner at my sister's the other night.  Her burgers are very thick.  I've been wanting to try this for a while, but have not been buying fast food burgers much since I've been on my weight loss program.  Now that I know how well this works I don't mind using a coupon for B1G1 now. 

I put the whole burger in the cooker, bun and all.  Set it for 20 minutes.  Seemed to need a little more time.  I put it on another 10 minutes and perfect!

Some may like it a little bit longer, but I like mine warm enough to eat, not super hot.

The bun came out crispy as if it had been toasted, which I love.

Just thought I"d post it for those of you who don't mind waiting 30 minutes for a warm over.

I just put it in, did some things around here that needed doing, and in 30 minutes it was so good!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Warmed Burger With My Cook'sEssential 5 Cup Perfect Cooker!

@Shopster3

You must be a patient soul.  30 minutes to reheat a burger is just a bit long.

I definitely agree with you about microwaving left overs - it just ruins meals.

Got rid of mine over a year ago and replaced with a NuWave.  It makes leftovers taste amazing but you could cook a burger in that amount of time.

Glad yours was worth the wait!   We really need to get all that we can out of our latest gadgets.

Respected Contributor

To micrwave a leftover burger, I nuke it for 10 seconds, remove the burger, put the meat alone on a plate and nuke it till warm enough, then place back into the bun.  

Frequent Contributor

I guess I am a patient soul, never thought of it like that.

I just like the plopping it in, catching up on a few things and then it's ready. 

I knew it wouldn't be for everyone.

LOL

Honored Contributor

Those who have them say the air fryers are wonderful for reheating leftovers too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I can see the air fryers being great for re heating. I'd love to have one but 

1 Its not in my budget right now, and

2 I have nowhere on my counter for it, and I know me. If I stored it I'd never use it.

Honored Contributor

I will have to try warming a leftover burger or from a restaurant  in the Perfect Cooker.  I love that little appliance.  I make salmon for one in mine.  Season small piece of salmon and cook for 30 minutes.  Turns out great.  Clean up time is so quick an easy too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I warm up leftover burgers in my toaster oven.  I place the patty on an oven safe plate and the buns next to it.  I turn the setting to "Bagel" and take out the buns as soon as they are toasted/warmed through.  I also flip the burger at the same time.  Comes out not too shabby . . . Smiley Happy

eta:  I also try and take it out a half hour or so before I am planning on eating so it isn't so cold from the fridge as it makes the warming process more even.

Frequent Contributor

Never thought of taking it out early, that would give more even heating, and faster maybe.

Thanks for the tip.

Honored Contributor

I would have put it into the air fryer.  This thing blows me away on how fast it is.