Honored Contributor

Re: Waffle Makers

[ Edited ]

@SharkE   Try putting some chopped pecans in DH's waffles.  Yum.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I purchased the 3 mini set, consist of a grddle, a flat cooker, and a waffle maker. The waffle maker makes mini waffles like e-go's. and that way you can make and freeze for later.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SharkE   Try putting some chopped pecans in DH's waffles.  Yum.

He'd say "what"? LOL

Honored Contributor

I had a Waring brand from Costco--it rotated  so you could make 2 waffles at the same time---I LOVED that thing and used it often. it made the best waffles. but it got broken and I bought an off brand that was garbage--gave it away and will buy another Waring.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

My husband doesn't like Belgians has to be the basic kind of waffle.

Belgians are too thick "like eating cake" hahahhaha  Hard to find the plain thickness waffle. Think I saw one at Bed & bath.

some of those concoctions they make on Q shows I wouldn't give to a dog.

Old burnt looking choc waffles with bunch of goo smeared all over them and cream cheese freaky looking stuff.

Just plain butter and Mrs. Butterworth for us and thank you

@SharkE, we're the same way. My husband makes the best buttermilk waffles EVAR. But no Mrs. Butterworth; only REAL maple syrup. And there's enough butter in his recipe that we don't need any more on top.

Tip: Put the syrup on the side and dip your bite of waffle into it. That way the waffle stays crisp on the outsife.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I bought a George Foreman grill with removable waffle plates. It was only about $50 at Walmart. It doesn't brown the waffles evenly, alas, but it's good enough for my once-a-year waffle-making and I use the grill for lots of other stuff.  I'm the only one in the family who likes waffles or else I'd buy something better. 

Respected Contributor

I have the Waring Pro that you rotate to cook the waffle and an older round Cusinart.

I use the Waring more than the Cuisnart, but If both of them broke, I probably wouldn't buy a new waffle maker.

I never had good luck with square waffle makers, the waffles always got stuck.

Respected Contributor

@AuntMame wrote:

I bought a George Foreman grill with removable waffle plates. It was only about $50 at Walmart. It doesn't brown the waffles evenly, alas, but it's good enough for my once-a-year waffle-making and I use the grill for lots of other stuff.  I'm the only one in the family who likes waffles or else I'd buy something better. 

@AuntMameI have George's from when it was sold on QVC .Love the removeable plates . Back in the day I only had ones you could not remove , (what a MESS) and only purchased the not so great frozen , until removeable plates came on the market. GF's made too many for my family for the most part  and they do not brown as well for my tastes but DH likes them.

I purchased a single serve Belgian maker from Evine last year -- I do not think they still stock them . It was under $20., had removeable plates , sandwich grill plates, and made a crunchy waffle . (which I like).

ITA with  with the @loriqvc  that suggested using a mister. I use a silicone brush to apply butter or oil to the plates. 

I enjoy using a waffle iron for other items some time. The other day I wanted a piece of shortcake to put strawberries and whipped cream on , but did not want to use even the toaster oven. I made just one waffle with the recipe and we enjoyed it without heating up the kitchen.

Respected Contributor

I checked and Evine /HQ or whatever the alias now Smiley Happy -- do still have the single belgian  &  sandwich  maker Cook's Companion® 650W Nonstick Waffle Maker w/ Removable Plates item #476-219 for $19.+ if interested great for a single or couple

Valued Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

I checked and Evine /HQ or whatever the alias now Smiley Happy -- do still have the single belgian  &  sandwich  maker Cook's Companion® 650W Nonstick Waffle Maker w/ Removable Plates item #476-219 for $19.+ if interested great for a single or couple

YOW! How cool is that! Thank you Okay! Running over to Evine now... Woman Very Happy