Honored Contributor

Hmmm.  The "Town & Country" decorating blogger had a simple summer recipe for whipped coffee that sounds yummy and looks it too:

Dalgona-Coffee-Recipe-2.jpeg

It only has a few ingredients--  milk, ice, water, small amounts of   instant coffee and sugar...  The whipping makes it thicker.

We love everything coffee and coffee-flavored.  I'd try it but I don't think we have any instant coffee around!  Must get some.  Here's the simple preparation:

https://town-n-country-living.com/dalgona-whipped-coffee-recipe.htm

Respected Contributor

That looks delicious. I think I would swirl the topping into the milk a little bit.

Honored Contributor

Oh, yes, @froggy , and that would look so pretty.  Like a barista did it!

Honored Contributor

Think I've had 2 cups of coffee in my entire life.

Honored Contributor

You're probably a lot calmer than I am, @SharkE !   I don't react well to caffeine, so I usually have a maximum of either two cups of tea per day, or one cup of tea and one cup of coffee per day.  I love coffee ice cream, coffee beans, even make a chipotle-coffee pot roast that we love...

It's funny, when I was a kid, I couldn't believe my mother so loved her super-strong, black coffee.  The idea was so off-putting!  I can't drink it black like she did (except in iced coffee), but now I'm so on the same page with her.... 

Honored Contributor

A coffee whip over a glass of icy milk - somehow that looks better than I think it would taste. I do like an occasional iced coffee and this got me thinking it's time to get one.

Honored Contributor

Hey @Oznell I got this friend at church who drinks 13 cups of caffeine coffee at breakfast alone !!!    No lie ! I had a fit and told him he was gonna get cancer and to at least switch to decaf he said "no way tastes like dish water". LOL

I gave up caffeine way , way back and boy I had a monster of a headache and no more cokes, Dr. Peppers I switched to Sprite and 7-up all I drink now and decaf tea.  Cocoa and juices for me. Coffee smells good, but, looks nasty, muddy like. LOL

When you wean yourself off of caffeine you go into 'withdraw' I guess and you get a headache that you swear you have a brain tumor, but, it passes.   No alcohol either . I'm square. LOL

Honored Contributor

p.s.   coffee is expensive , too. think what I'm saving no coffee, cigs or booze.   Keeping my money hahahahah

Honored Contributor

True, @SharkE !   Keep up that clean living--  old movies are the best vice to have, anyway!

Honored Contributor

LOL I'm reading Val Kilmer's new book right now.

'I'm your huckleberry'.