Honored Contributor

WHAT'S COOKING IN MAY 2018?

[ Edited ]

This is @Preds post, name got lost when I edited to begin a new thread.See the source image

Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT'S COOKING IN MAY 2018?

[ Edited ]
Trusted Contributor
pooky1

good morning everyone. we have temps in the 80s and not thrilled to see summer temps allready but we have to deal with it. yestauday was my father inlaws funeral. his daughter that hasnt spoke to her parents in 2 years came and didnt go to grave like everyone else and didnt say buy to her mom of anyone else and her 2 adult kids didnt show up either. people think the very classy but totally there not.got home and ordered chinese food and had the leftover for dinner last night. hope everyone has a great week .

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor
mousiegirl

Very cold and grey with a bit of wind now, may warm up later, it did yesterday.

Saturday, I made a vat of refried beans, DH bought the hugest bag of pinto beans at Costco, told him we will be tooting for years, LOL!

I cook the beans in a huge pot with onions, garlic, chiles if you like, I don't due to DH, but add to my own servings, and once cooked, mash with a potato masher, leaving some whole, and add oil as they need some fat.  This way, they are automatically refried beans and only need heating up, ten containers for the freezer in small Lock & Lock containers.

I put my own serving of the beans in a small au gratin dish, add Korean chili, cheese, and extra virgin olive oil, then heat until bubbling, in the microwave.  This is one of my weird meals, lol.  I grill a tortilla for dipping.

I forget what dinner was Saturday, probably leftovers, but on Sunday, it was grilled ribeyes, baked potato for DH, and salad, no potato for me, wasn't hungry enough, and I prefer just the skins so give DH the potato and I eat the skin, he eats both.

Tuesday was leftover spaghetti, and last night, was steak tacos with leftover steak from Sunday.  This is almost a weekly meal as I always grill all four steaks, then freeze in separate baggies for tacos.

I think tonight will be stir fry, actually didn't grill one ribeye for this reason, with snap peas, probably black bean garlic sauce, ginger, garlic, and green onions over rice, DH could live on rice,  not great for blood sugar, white that is.

I have 160 count pork potstickers on auto delivery, but I received no prior notice and so another order arrived yesterday, so now we have a freezer full of potstickers, AGAIN!  I cancelled the next shipment, and may have to cancel the one after.  I had finally gotten the potstickers down to a manageable amount of bags, and now this, lol.  Lesson learned, keep an eye on auto deliveries, wonder if I will remember.

I am still repotting plants into larger pots, dividing when necessary, so off to Home Depot for DH tomorrow night as I have run out of the thirty-five or so 2 cu ft bags that he bought a few weeks ago.

Today, I will work in the kitchen, always looks as if a cyclone passed through, don't know why, lol, also have to reorganize in order to fit in a Wolfgang Puck air fryer which I recently bought, finally caved as I have been so curious, but after it was on it's way,  I realized that my fried chicken and my french fries will not work in it as the fries I make are twice cooked, but I will try one chicken piece with my receipe.  Puck has recipes for wings, etc., so will definitely try those.  I have no CLUE where this monster can fit in the kitchen, too many roosters, etc. on the counters, lol.  I have to store his pressure cooker in the laundry/mud room as it is, but no room there for this, should be interesting, and frustrating, just what I need, lol.

Have a great weekend! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Respected Contributor
Danky

@pooky1 wrote:

good morning everyone. we have temps in the 80s and not thrilled to see summer temps allready but we have to deal with it. yestauday was my father inlaws funeral. his daughter that hasnt spoke to her parents in 2 years came and didnt go to grave like everyone else and didnt say buy to her mom of anyone else and her 2 adult kids didnt show up either. people think the very classy but totally there not.got home and ordered chinese food and had the leftover for dinner last night. hope everyone has a great week .

@pooky1----I beginning to think that, other than Anna, you and Maria are the "classiest" people in the family.

In spite of what he has put you both through over the recent years, you did what was right and supportive.....

We are on the same eating vibe. The other day ,when you had Burger King,

I had gotten BK for breakfast and today I ordered in Chinese for lunch and pizza  (BF is bringing over ham/pineapple and sausage/extra cheese) with salad for dinner !

Forgot to mention that it is 92* right now. Even though the house is climate control, when I went out to sit on the patio for lunch, I thought I would succumb to heat stroke. I am a New Englander and am much more acclimated to cold weather....

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor
Auntg

April menus were full of leftover Easter ham. Moving on to May 2018, I think we will have sesame chicken and fried rice tonight.

Honored Contributor

I created a new thread due to requests to change the date, and copied and pasted the posts from the other thread, may have lost poster's hearts due to that, sorry.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I created a new thread due to requests to change the date, and copied and pasted the posts from the other thread, may have lost poster's hearts due to that, sorry.

You "did good" @mousiegirl..... thanks !

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl

Why don't you just start a new thread, and insert a link to the old thread, so anyone who wants to go back and review it can do so.

You've lost more than their hearts.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl

Why don't you just start a new thread, and insert a link to the old thread, so anyone who wants to go back and review it can do so.

@x Hedge  It's done now, and the other thread remains but since I pasted the posts in the new thread, no point.  I did this because the original poster who began the thread asked for assistance.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl

@x Hedge  It's done now, and the other thread remains but since I pasted the posts in the new thread, no point.  I did this because the original poster who began the thread asked for assistance.

@mousiegirl-----LMAO.....no good deed goes uncriticized ! The posters that matter are grateful and all others IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE !!