Valued Contributor

I should have never trusted the freezer safe claims because I never put plastic in the freezer for that very reason. Oh well, glass with metal lids here I come. 

Regular Contributor

I wouldn't buy the S30!  I gave my regular Vitamix to my daughter in law since I'm a widow and I felt this would be smaller and better for my needs. Big Mistake!  It's only 700 watts..I had seeds between my teeth after every smoothie.  You have to cook soups first and then put them in this!  Why would I ever want to do this?  My larger Vitamix made really good soup from scratch.  It also leaked and when I called they sent me a replacement gasket and told me that is why they put the hole in back!  I returned my S30 and purchased a regular sized Vitamix.  

Contributor

I ordered this when it was last presented and I absolutely LOVE IT!  I have made a smoothie every day for the last 8 days.  I'm amazed at the power compared by my old blender (Oster).  I watched a video on Youtube that had a very good tip and that was when you take it apart to wash/rinse it, it's very important to also remove the little red gasket and clean it.  Otherwise it will build up and possibly leak.

Clearly, this is called a "personal blender" for a reason.  It is a little smaller but since it's just my husband and I, it's perfect.  In fact, I plan to pack it to take with us in our RV for the summer.  

I highly recommend this S30!

Valued Contributor

Re: Vitamix S30

[ Edited ]

I did go ahead and order the S30 because I wanted it. The sale price was too good to not at least try it and it can still be sent back if it doesn't do what I want. So far It has been impressive with ice and frozen fruits blended with spinach and kale...it was much better than my Nutribullet. There are still some things I need to try, but so far, it is doing better than expected for a personal blender. 

I am also taking the suggestion for the Mason jars to fix smoothies for the week with my big Vitamix. The new lids are nice. The purpose of getting the S30 was to complement use with the big one. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the feedback. I do still have concerns and will be trying out a variety of fruits and veggies before deciding to keep or return.