Honored Contributor

Remember that the VM HEATS up the soup but it does not cook it--big difference there. Thats why you use cooked ingredients and not raw---for soup anyway. Friction and cold items cause them to freeze but if left running too long, will heat them up. Found that out the first time I tried to make ice cream.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sadieman. Why would you come here to do your first post, with obviously no knowledge of the product, and apparently no attempt to educate yourself and claim it was misrepresented?  You get the NERVY POSTER OF THE DAY award.

If I can look this up, you could have looked it up.

https://www.rawblend.com.au/blog/can-the-vitamix-blender-cook/

@Kachina624. Yikes!  Don’t you think you were a bit harsh to a new poster?  Lighten up.  It was her first post.  You probably scared her away for good.

Respected Contributor

@sadiemanwelcome to the boards ! I find these forums a great place to find info, what better place than actual purchasers or possible ones that have researched items?

I have not owned a vita-mix since I purchased one in the late 90's.  It lasted beyond the warranty and they made good on thier promises when I had one small glitch with the product. One thing I remember about the company was great customer service. If you cannot find satisfaction I would suggest calling the cs line. They were 'old school polite ' Smiley Happy then and from comments I have read --still are.

As I recall the one I had did make soup and heated it when ran for about 7 minutes. I could not stand the noise for that function after the novelty wore off. I did find it a very good quality product though for all other functions.

Honored Contributor

@sadieman

Welcome to the boards - I never made soup. Leaving it running on high for 5 minutes is too LOUD. I use it for a kale smoothie most mornings. Enjoy

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sadieman. Why would you come here to do your first post, with obviously no knowledge of the product, and apparently no attempt to educate yourself and claim it was misrepresented?  You get the NERVY POSTER OF THE DAY award.

If I can look this up, you could have looked it up.

https://www.rawblend.com.au/blog/can-the-vitamix-blender-cook/

@Kachina624. Yikes!  Don’t you think you were a bit harsh to a new poster?  Lighten up.  It was her first post.  You probably scared her away for good.

@Carmie   No, it was she who came on like gangbusters accusing Vitamix and Q of misrepresenting a product.  If she'd just watched the presentation, she would have noticed that the dang thing ran for a long time.

To her credit she did come back and admit she was wrong.  Most just slink away, never to be heard from again.  I'd welcome her back.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment