New Contributor

Anyone view the presentation on the Vita Mix? David Venable poured hot soup from the Vita Mix. It gave the impression that the Vita Mix heated the soup. Not the case. It was heated in another vessel, then poured into the Vita Mix, then poured into a dish. Total misrepresentation. We order the Vita Mix because we wanted one. Looked to see how to heat and cannot heat. Same representation of making ice cream. I was told the ingredients for ice cream and soups are mixed in the Vita Mix, then heat elsewhere ot freeze elsewhere. Why didn't they say that on air?  Am I wrong?

Honored Contributor

The Vitamix does heat up soup and everything else placed in it if you leave the machine turned on and running long enough.  The instructions are in the supplied cook book and also you can watch the presentations to see how.

There is no special button or heating element that you have turn on.

The  Vitamix does not freeze anything.  You put frozen ingredients into the machine and turn it on for a few seconds.  You get a frozen  dessert in seconds, but it is not true ice cream.  If you leave the Vitamix on too long, it will heat up the frozen contents too.

Honored Contributor

@sadieman...you’re mistaken. Vitamix DOES heat up the soup. We use ours to make soup and it does come out piping hot.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

One would think if you have one you would read the instruction manual.

Honored Contributor

@sadieman. Why would you come here to do your first post, with obviously no knowledge of the product, and apparently no attempt to educate yourself and claim it was misrepresented?  You get the NERVY POSTER OF THE DAY award.

If I can look this up, you could have looked it up.

https://www.rawblend.com.au/blog/can-the-vitamix-blender-cook/

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I think you are wrong.  And, unless you have concrete proof otherwise, your accusations of "misrepresentation" are very damaging at best. 

The machine mixes the liquid at high speed; I think they said about 5 minutes, maybe longer.  That high speed action creates the heat that heats the soup.  The same principle probably applies to making ice cream.  The speed of the machine with frozen ingredients makes the thickened product.

Respected Contributor

@sadieman wrote:

Anyone view the presentation on the Vita Mix? David Venable poured hot soup from the Vita Mix. It gave the impression that the Vita Mix heated the soup. Not the case. It was heated in another vessel, then poured into the Vita Mix, then poured into a dish. Total misrepresentation. We order the Vita Mix because we wanted one. Looked to see how to heat and cannot heat. Same representation of making ice cream. I was told the ingredients for ice cream and soups are mixed in the Vita Mix, then heat elsewhere ot freeze elsewhere. Why didn't they say that on air?  Am I wrong?

To answer your question, yes you are wrong.  I have had a VitaMix for more years then I can remember. We have made hot soups in it frequently. You just leave the Vitamix on for about 5 minutes and the soup becomes hot. It is due to the fast rotation of the blades and friction.  The scenario you discribed during the television presentation never happened, so I wonder why you are posting it?

Honored Contributor

Yes you're wrong, since you asked. You do have to run the soup long enough for it to be able to heat up. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

We have had a Vitamix for several years and my husband loves to use it for tomato soup in the summer.  We just take tomatoes from our garden, core them, and put them (along with some other ingredients) in the vitamix and turn it on for 7 minutes.  Fresh, hot tomato soup with no additives.  We use our vitamix for other things as well, but tomato soup is our favorite and so easy.  

Read the instruction book, look at the Vitamix website for recipes, and watch QVC's presentations of the product as you can pick up hints and ideas on how to use it.  You will realize you do like it and can use it.  Good luck.

New Contributor

My apologies. On the presentation, nothing was said about running the Vita Mix for a length of time to heat the soup up. Now I see the heat will occur after a certain length of time.