Honored Contributor

Got tired of waiting on Sam's Club to bring them in, so, I went back to

Morris Farms and having 20 lb sent to me.

Coming today ! Yay ! gotta have my onion ROFL   They will keep in refrigerator until May of next yr. because they're fresh dug. Sure, they will

grow sprouts, but, cut it off. Usually don't start sprouting till first of the yr.

Can't take those plain onions. Tx. sweet onion my *** those things will grow hair on your chest. If it's not from Ga. it's not worth eating. LOL

Honored Contributor

Love my Vidalia's!

I'm in GA, so very plentiful in all grocery stores!

Do you ever bake them?

Just core and put 1 tbs. butter in the middle and 1 beef bouillon cube, wrap in foil and bake in oven or on the grill....delish!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

No, never tried that. I have to pay thru the nose to have them shipped to Tx. but, it is , what it is.

Wonder why Q doesn't sell them like they do oranges?

mmmmmmmmmm

Super Contributor

I have seen Vidalia onions advertised for several years but didn't buy any until last year.  OMG I love them.  The hype was right!  I slice them and eat them and I also cook with them.  Sad that I waited so long to try them.  They have been available in local stores for a couple months.

Honored Contributor

Earlier in the week, I made some fried cabbage / onions / bacon and used Vidalia onions.  

Also - delicious in a cucumber salad ... sliced cucumbers, onions marinated a bit in rice wine vinegar and honey.  

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Love my Vidalia's!

I'm in GA, so very plentiful in all grocery stores!

Do you ever bake them?

Just core and put 1 tbs. butter in the middle and 1 beef bouillon cube, wrap in foil and bake in oven or on the grill....delish!

@KingstonsMom  Thanks for the great tip....sounds delicious!

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove 

If you like French Onion soup, you'll love these!

You can also use vegetable or chicken buillion if you prefer, but the beef gives it the French Onion soup taste.

Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes or until they feel soft.

You can also microwave them to save time, but they're not as flavorful, IMO.

Place in a microwave safe container with a lid and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until tender.

Enjoy!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: Vidalia onions

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@ScarletDove 

If you like French Onion soup, you'll love these!

You can also use vegetable or chicken buillion if you prefer, but the beef gives it the French Onion soup taste.

Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes or until they feel soft.

You can also microwave them to save time, but they're not as flavorful, IMO.

Place in a microwave safe container with a lid and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until tender.

Enjoy!

@KingstonsMom  Sounds wonderful--thanks for the details and suggestions!  I'll opt for the oven bake!

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove 

I also meant to mention that I usually use 'Better Than Boullion', it's a paste in small jars and 1 tsp equals 1 cube.

To me it has a better beefy taste and is not as salty as the cubes.

Please let me know what you think when you try them!

Honored Contributor

Who has vidalia onions sent to them? I live in Michigan and I can just buy them at my local grocery store. 

"Pure Michigan"