Esteemed Contributor

Re: Veggie Arguements!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

We're vegetable people but we do have our individual preferences. Hubs could eat corn on the cob several times a week and eats cauliflower and cucumber slices like a snack. Not my first choices. I like artichoke and asparagus; not his first choices.       

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

My SO won't eat most vegetables and I do like many but just not worth the effort to make for me only even when I cook.  We only have supper together so I often eat vegetables as snacks during the day.  Not worth arguments! 

Trusted Contributor

DH will eat any veggie, fresh or frozen, except for brussel sprouts.

I once roasted brussel sprouts with bacon - everything is better with bacon right? - to entice him, and he informed me that ploy wouldn't work.  Lol

Esteemed Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

DH literally doesn't like "green" anything

he ate a lot of green frosting as a child, guess what happened....

@Mary Bailey 

My DH is the same way!

Me? I'm not happy unless I do have something green, preferably, leaves!

@ECBG 

No arguments for us. I just try to accommodate everyone's different tastes.

I did a tuna cassarole the other day, but left out the peas for DH & DSIL. My daughter simply made a separate batch of peas, which all the children and ladies ate.

Did you ever see Jamie take a handful of green beans, tap the stemmed end of the beans on the counter to get all of them to the same size, and then with one whack, chop off the ends?  When I do fresh green beans, I always just leave on the tails. Then I either roast or steam the beans whole. So hardly no preparation at all.

Esteemed Contributor

I am lucky as my hubby will pretty much eat anything.  He likes a salad every night with his dinner.  Me, I am the picky one with the veggies.  I do like some but prefer spinach.

Most of the time I will bypass the salad for myself, I just get too full.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pezzie wrote:

DH will eat any veggie, fresh or frozen, except for brussel sprouts.

I once roasted brussel sprouts with bacon - everything is better with bacon right? - to entice him, and he informed me that ploy wouldn't work.  Lol

@Pezzie, your DH doesn't like brussel sprouts!!??!!  Bestill my heart!Woman Wink  I don't have a DH, but a I a dear four-legged boy who LOVES brussel sprouts - actually his fave veggie! He's particularly fond of air fryer blackened sprouts; me, I like a little worcestershire/soy sprinkled over them.Woman LOL 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

My husband gets a HUGE salad (dinner plate size) every nite before dinner.  He's a carnivore, but loves my salads.

It's not just let, toms and cucs. 

I add peppers, snow peas, chick peas, blanched green beans, roasted asparagus, brocolli---whatever I'm making for my dinner--gets tossed into his salad.

The salad fills him up pretty good and that keeps down his portions of meat and potatoes.....

Almost every nite he says 'That was the best salad I've ever had'.  Been hearing that for decades.Heart

Sounds like you make some very special and delicious salads, @Lucky Charm !  

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

My husband gets a HUGE salad (dinner plate size) every nite before dinner.  He's a carnivore, but loves my salads.

It's not just let, toms and cucs. 

I add peppers, snow peas, chick peas, blanched green beans, roasted asparagus, brocolli---whatever I'm making for my dinner--gets tossed into his salad.

The salad fills him up pretty good and that keeps down his portions of meat and potatoes.....

Almost every nite he says 'That was the best salad I've ever had'.  Been hearing that for decades.Heart

Sounds like you make some very special and delicious salads, @Lucky Charm !  

Something happened - never finished my post @LuckyCharm.  Could you give some go-together suggestions?  and/or homemade dressing ideas?  Thanx!

Honored Contributor

@Harpa I've never seen green beans cut.  In the south we break them, so no.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@Mary Bailey wrote:

DH literally doesn't like "green" anything

he ate a lot of green frosting as a child, guess what happened....

@Mary Bailey 

My DH is the same way!

Me? I'm not happy unless I do have something green, preferably, leaves!

@ECBG 

No arguments for us. I just try to accommodate everyone's different tastes.

I did a tuna cassarole the other day, but left out the peas for DH & DSIL. My daughter simply made a separate batch of peas, which all the children and ladies ate.

Did you ever see Jamie take a handful of green beans, tap the stemmed end of the beans on the counter to get all of them to the same size, and then with one whack, chop off the ends?  When I do fresh green beans, I always just leave on the tails. Then I either roast or steam the beans whole. So hardly no preparation at all.

@Harpa I do what Jamie does for the ends then I cut the bean into about 3 pieces. Don’t like them whole as it doesn’t fit in the mouth very well as we like them al dente.