Respected Contributor

Excessive showing of the Roomba going on 40 minutes now !   Tuned to QVC 2 but that is now all taped and I had already seen the Flameless Candle show.  Had to tune to HSN and watch Andrew.   Thank you Mr. George.

Occasional Contributor

I don't like when show a non-kitchen TSV during INTKWD. I feel like they show it because it's not selling.  😩🤪

Honored Contributor

@Reever I agree but this goes on all the time with David's shows. There have been so many complaints about this but it never ends.

@theresafurey I think they have David push it because he's  good salesman, not that the product isn't selling.

My *guess* is that he sells a lot of whatever is being pushed during his show.

Respected Contributor

It’s hard for me to comprehend someone would buy something just because they like the host.  I don’t think I’ve ever bought anything just because I like the person selling it.

Esteemed Contributor

That product is a big money maker compared to a magic spoon.  Q has your attention for the kitchen show - so take advantage of a good audience and push the money maker.  Not difficult to understand.

Honored Contributor

OMG.  Do you not know how QVC works by now.  It's the TSV.

Valued Contributor

Exactly, Imtep. Whatever the TSV is, it is always promoted through its own programs and as a part of other programs. If it's a TSV, QVC wants to promote the TSV and that's the best way to do it. If it wasn't, they would do something different.

QVC and HSN are all about selling products and only about selling products. It doesn't matter whether or not you like the hosts or not. IF they're successful at hawking products, they continue to be hosts; if not, they're likely fired. That's the world of sales whether we like it or not. 

Honored Contributor

@Leggett28 wrote:

It’s hard for me to comprehend someone would buy something just because they like the host.  I don’t think I’ve ever bought anything just because I like the person selling it.

I'm with you, but we both might be surprised at how many people get emotionally involved to the extent that they will do just that.

I've talked to people with other sales situations where they say 'well, he said it does this and this and it's the best you can get, etc'.   They usually like that particular individual for other reasons so they just believe everything they say.   Uh, he's trying to SELL you something.  That is why he is saying what he's saying.  The onus to research for facts is on the buyer.

I call it gullible, but that's just me.  It annoys me, as I have somebody in my life who is gullible like that.   Unfortunately, probably about 30% of the population is just not into facts and they get comfort from believing people they want to believe, no matter if those people are lying and just  making stuff up.

I don't think of this type of sales person as that insidious, but it accomplishes the same thing.

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure I heard correctly, but I thought Mary just said that they started the day with 7,000.  And that 5,000 were sold during ITKWD.  If that's so, then that's why they put these high ticket items on during his prime show.