Occasional Contributor

Vanilla Shake Recipe help please?

Can anybody share a diet home recipe for creating a McDonald's Vanilla Milkshake?

I am not a cook, so I do not know how to make a diet version of McDonald's taste but I thought Andrew Lessman Secure Vanilla might be a good starting point.

My cravings would really be appreciative of your help,

Valued Contributor

Re: Vanilla Shake Recipe help please?

I don't know how diet it is or if it's close to McDonalds but I've made vanilla milkshake with plain vanilla ice cream, skim milk, a little heavy whipping cream and a splash of vanilla extract.  Put it in the blender to mix.  It's pretty good.  

Trusted Contributor

😹 🍦 🍟 🍔 There's simply no such thing as "diet" anything from Mickey D's. Just remove the wrapper, insert the straw, and enjoy the full MilkShake experience.

Respected Contributor

I would try some non fat vanilla greek yogurt and a few drops of real vanilla in a blender, maybe a few chunks of ice?  If its still too thick a splash of non fat milk?  

Super Contributor

Although my recommendation is far from "diet", but Paula Deen has the best recipe for a vanilla milkshake....it's on-line.

Esteemed Contributor

@searchingfa - Since a vanilla milkshake is such a simple thing to make, I'd imagine you could simply swap in lower-fat ice cream and lower-fat milk to get a good result. Based on how much you need/want to cut back, I'd recommend trying one of the "churned" vanilla ice creams rather than the ice milks or specifically "diet" ice creams; that way, you'll still get a creamy consistency since they just have more air whipped in but often don't have crazy chemicals or ingredients that make the substitutes truly not ice cream.

Honored Contributor

Frozen banana (I like the not-dead-ripe ones because they don't taste as much banana), low-fat milk, blender! Ice if needed to make it even colder.  Add a drop of honey if you like, protein powder, and vanilla is a must.  

It's not a shake, but it is all good and good for you!  We freeze it in a little ice cream maker too.

Honored Contributor

If you want to make a milkshake from Andrew Lessman's products.  Put ice cubes in a blender and add the product with a liquid and blend. The ice will freeze the product into a milk shake mixture.

McD milkshakes are not low calorie.

When I grew up we put ice cream in a blender with a little milk and blended until smooth, sometimes adding other flavorings.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

If you want to make a milkshake from Andrew Lessman's products.  Put ice cubes in a blender and add the product with a liquid and blend. The ice will freeze the product into a milk shake mixture.

McD milkshakes are not low calorie.

When I grew up we put ice cream in a blender with a little milk and blended until smooth, sometimes adding other flavorings.

@Carmie We always added malt powder

Honored Contributor

I like vanilla frozen yogurt with frozen banana, blueberries & unsweetened almond milk. I don't have to use as much frozen yogurt with the addition of the banana plus blueberries.

I also like it with peaches or strawberries.