Contributor

I just started a new diet and started doing cross fit last week. If I don't change I will be getting diabetes soon. With that being said, I want to purchase a Vitamix but there are so many choices? If you own a vitamin, could you tell me which model you have and what you like about it. Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Occasional Contributor
I heard that they all have the same motor, just different buttons. I went for the cheapest one and LOVE it!
Super Contributor
I have the 7500 model. It is a variable speed which I prefer. Much better control I would think.
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Get the vitamix with the variable speed. I'm sure the others are good, but the variable speed one gives you much more control.

Occasional Contributor

I got the Vitamix S30 which is the small one, great for one or 2 people. I passed my larger Vitamix on to my daughter. Since I live alone, the smaller one is perfect for me.

Contributor

I am almost afraid to comment as in the past I have seen people get affended if you do not agree totally with them but here goes - We got the Vitamix Elite 48 oz. It fits under our cabinets as we leave it out all the time. Also the 48 oz is not too big when making drinks as it is just the 2 of us. I think the variable speed is a must - gives you a lot of options quickly.

I saw the new smaller Vitamix and like the look of it but in the past I have had problems with 3 or 4 other brands leaking out the bottom it you need to screw the blades off to clean it. Over the years I have lost strength in my hands and feel I can not be sure I have gotten the blades on good, so the one piece works best for us. Also the motor HP may be a slight different (example 2.0 or 2.2) - but again whichever you are getting a solid unit.

I think no matter what model you get you will love it and after checking out all the different things they can do you can not go wrong. So enjoy whatever model you get. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Frequent Contributor

Vitamix has 3 series of machines. Each series uses a different motor:

The C Series Vitamix, which has the older "Classic" squarish shaped motor base (usually 2 HP) and usually comes with the tall, narrow bottom 64 oz. container, or a narrow bottom 48 oz. container. Containers for the Classic Series have a 3 inch blade. (Both the 32 oz. wet container and the 32 oz. dry container are compatible with the C Series machines.) Some of the C Series machines do not have the variable speed control. Some have only two speeds (high and low) and one has only a series of timed settings at high speed.

The G Series (or Next Generation Series) machines have an updated shape, a 2.2 HP motor, and come with a low profile, wide bottom, 64 oz. container with a 4 inch blade. (The sole exception to this is the Elite, which is the only Next Generation machine that does not come with the Next Generation container, but comes with a 48 oz. container instead. The 32 oz. wet container, 32 oz. dry container, and the 48 oz. wet container are also compatible with all G Series machines.) All G Series machines have the variable speed control.

The S Series Vitamix currently consists of one machine, the S30. This is a "personal size" Vitamix, not a full size Vitamix. It has a smaller motor base, is roughly half the power of a full size Vitamix, and comes with a 40 oz. container and a 20 oz. to-go cup. The blade assembly, unlike the C and G Series machines, is not housed in the container, but is a separate piece that can be attached to either the 40 oz. container or the 20 oz. to-go cup. This machine has a variable speed control.

I have a C Series machine that I've owned for 12+ years and a G Series machine that I've owned for 1 1/2 years. In my opinion, the G Series machines are the best. QVC currently has the 7500 available for a good price.

I would recommend that whatever machine you choose, choose one that has a variable speed control. I do many things on variable speeds 1 - 5 and I would never want to be without the variable speed control feature. Once you get past the "making only smoothies" stage, and really want to get into using your Vitamix machine's full capabilities, you'll find the variable speed control feature is something you will use often.

Respected Contributor
On 9/14/2014 addiegal said: I have the 7500 model. It is a variable speed which I prefer. Much better control I would think.

I also have the 7500 and I am very pleased with it. I like the variable speed also. It does fit under my counter, but only with the lid removed - not a problem, but worth mentioning.

New Contributor

The Vitamix 5200 is a solid blender. Here's a good review of it on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emiEj3NIGzs

The Vitamix S30 is a bit cheaper (around $70 less), which can definitely work good for ya: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6zMLHRFjM8