I ordered a Vitamix a3500 and received it a few days ago but just opened it today to find that it’s been used. There are crumbs all over the top, food residue on the bottom feet, a chip on the underside of the coating, the rubber is warped and several container marks on the top of the rubber. This is a $599 machine! Do they sell used/refurbished machines or do they just have really bad quality control? I’m behind mad for spending that much money, waiting as long as I did to get something used and looking totally gross! Has anyone else experienced this?
Respected Contributor

From whom was it bought? Vitamix, QVC, another store?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Used Vitamix

[ Edited ]

@msfashionista wrote:
I ordered a Vitamix a3500 and received it a few days ago but just opened it today to find that it’s been used. There are crumbs all over the top, food residue on the bottom feet, a chip on the underside of the coating, the rubber is warped and several container marks on the top of the rubber. This is a $599 machine! Do they sell used/refurbished machines or do they just have really bad quality control? I’m behind mad for spending that much money, waiting as long as I did to get something used and looking totally gross! Has anyone else experienced this?

😲Wow! I am so sorry that happened to you, and can certainly understand your utter frustration! I've never received a used, expensive electronic before. Obviously, something went wrong, but have you reached out to customer service yet? I am sure once you inform them of this egregious delivery, they will make it right with perhaps a good faith credit, etc.

Mark it as defective, and you won't have to pay for return shipping. Some customers have been having issues getting through by phone, so if that happens, try reaching out to the QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com. Good luck!🤞

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry that this happened to you... call customer service & tell them or report it to one of the QVC Mods ... I am sure that they will help you get this straightened out ... good luck 👍 

Respected Contributor

@msfashionista Why do you care if others have had the problem.  So what???  If you haven't already done so, send the darn thing back!!!  NOW!!!  Dispute the charge on your credit card.

Honored Contributor

I would not buy any appliance on waitlist.  I once bought a Kitchen Aid food processor only to figure out weeks later that one cutting blade was missing (the one I needed) and the rebate coupon was missing.  Someone had obviously pulled those items and sent the unit back unused. I kept it and ordered the blade from Kitchen Aid, but now days I would have just returned it.  They were out of stock at that point.  

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I would not buy any appliance on waitlist.  I once bought a Kitchen Aid food processor only to figure out weeks later that one cutting blade was missing (the one I needed) and the rebate coupon was missing.  Someone had obviously pulled those items and sent the unit back unused. I kept it and ordered the blade from Kitchen Aid, but now days I would have just returned it.  They were out of stock at that point.  

@depglass  Good point about waitlist.  I guess I am naive but I assumed they were waiting for a new shipment and "as is" may be returned items. I choose not to purchase "as is" but I will certainly be more careful about waitlist. I know many posters have mentioned being happy with "as is" but my choice noy to buy.