Honored Contributor

Turkey Issues in Your State? Please List

Our turkey prices are pretty much as they have always been.

If you have issues, please name the state and N-E-S-W so we can ID the area.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Turkey Issues in Your State? Please List

@ECBG 

As far as I know, no problems in Colorado and…Safeway is giving away a free Honeysuckle turkey with $150.00 dollars grocery purchase.

Honored Contributor

I am in coastal Cape May County, NJ and will drive to Whole Foods in Glen Mills, PA (approx. 100 miles one way) to get an organic frozen turkey at $2.49/lb tomorrow.  

Am sure I have enough points for a free turkey locally at my grocery store(s), but it has to be organic.

Honored Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

@ECBG 

As far as I know, no problems in Colorado and…Safeway is giving away a free Honeysuckle turkey with $150.00 dollars grocery purchase.

@Malcontent 

So very sorry!  Butterball is $.98 a lb.

Frequent Contributor

Central Texas.....HEB and WM both have Butterball for $1.18 lb. and plenty of stock

Regular Contributor

Hi @ECBG! Turkey issues in my state... 

Well, here in my neck of the woods in MA.... I go to work everyday, and the turkeys are all be-bopping around, squawking, gobbling, trying to get into work because they can see their reflections in the door!

I then come home and the whole family of turkeys are lounging in my backyard after eating the droppings from the bird feeders. 

Don't these turkeys know that Thanksgiving day is coming, and they should be hiding? 😂🤷‍♀️🙈🦃

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG 

lol Yes, but just spend $150 (on stuff you don't need) and you get one for free! (while supplies last).

Respected Contributor

@JFD12 wrote:

Hi @ECBG! Turkey issues in my state... 

Well, here in my neck of the woods in MA.... I go to work everyday, and the turkeys are all be-bopping around, squawking, gobbling, trying to get into work because they can see their reflections in the door!

I then come home and the whole family of turkeys are lounging in my backyard after eating the droppings from the bird feeders. 

Don't these turkeys know that Thanksgiving day is coming, and they should be hiding? 😂🤷‍♀️🙈🦃

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last week or so, I was almost run down by two huge wild turkeys that ran across the street while I was out walking!  Scared the bejeepers out of me!  A few years back we had one that was so ornery and would try to peck at our cars.  

We have many turkeys in the stores here in downstate Illinois.  I am not sure of the

prices.  I order mine from a turkey farm.  I do not remember the price.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

@JFD12 

I can relate. Every day several different groups of wild turkeys come through my yard to eat all the seed/berry I put out for birds and squirrels.

I went out the other day with my axe and threatened them.

They paid me no mind. I fought the turkeys and the turkeys won.

Regular Contributor

It's a battle almost every single day trying to get into work with all the turkeys... the whole family is there!! 🦃 They spread their feathers and gobble!! Nooo!!! 🙈🙈🙈